Chapter 8: 1 More To Go

(A/N: quick little authors note here. Our characters have found most of the notes between chapters. But because that's boring and kind of hard to write. I decided to go with a time skip. So yeah. Time skip. Wooo. Enjoy.)

***********************************************

*Ian's POV*

We've been doing really well with finding the notes. We'd found five more notes since the first two and all of them have had letter on them. So, so far we had: E, H, W, A, O, S and R. And so far no sign of slender. I'm feeling really confident about this. I thought slender was gonna make this a lot harder. Now watch, I'm gonna jinx myself and something's gonna go wrong before we even finish this challenge. But, it is slender, you have to be ready for anything and this was only the first challenge. It's bound to get harder.

"Hey, I found another one!" Mia called from up ahead.

Rin and I jog up behind her and sure enough there's another note on the side of a small building. Mia ripped it off the wall and flipped it over to see what letter was on the other side. This letter was an U in the same scribbled hand writing as the other letters. She hands it to me and I put it in my pocket with the other seven.

"This means there's only one more to find." I tell them.

"Great, then we can figure out what these letters mean." Rin replies.

Mia and I nod and I get this throbbing feeling in my head. I look around and don't see anything, but I get a feeling that we're being watched. And I'm positive they're not friendly.

"Ian? You ok?" Rin asks.

"Yeah, let's just find the last note." I reply and I lower my voice. "But stay alert, I think we're being followed."

They both nod and we continue on our way looking for the last note.

~~~~~

After a while of wandering around the forest and most of the buildings we still hadn't found it and the throbbing in my head was getting worse which was making me dizzy and making me think that whatever was following us was getting closer. We were in a small clearing at the edge of the forest and we had just checked out another building. Nothing. So we were headed back to the forest to keep looking when something catches my eye blowing in a slight breeze. A piece of paper and I bet it's the last note.

"Over there!" I cry pointing at it.

Mia and Rin look over. "Gotcha!" Rin replies and takes off in a full sprint after the paper. And to my surprise he's really fast and he catches the paper in no time flat, stepping on it and he turns and faces us. "I got it!" He cries and I see a huge grin spread across his face which makes me laugh.

Mia claps and cheers and we begin jogging towards him when I see a shadow appear behind him. The shadow was slightly larger than Rin but it wasn't tall enough to be slender. I shine my flashlight on its face and my insides turn cold. He looked like Rin, but with crazed eyes and a creepy grin spread across. Suddenly realization hit me. This must've been his brother. This must be Ren.

**************************************

A/N: hello muffins, I come bearing grave news.... I start school in a few days and I won't be able to update very often 😥 but I will do what I can to update as much as possible. So yeah. *pewdiepies voice* Any way hope you bros enjoyed and yeah. Brofist!!! Byyyeee!!

Sorry. Watched a lot of Pewdiepie but yeah bye!

Mo