Chapter Twenty-One

Zacznij od początku

"I'm better than alright," I said giddily. "I finally did it," I exclaimed and turned back to Kitiara. "Geez, and to think all I had to do was touch you and create a physical connection."

"Is she dangerous?" Kinzo asked from behind his father. He looked quite frightened. Actually, they all looked pretty frightened. I guess I had been scared when I had first met Katsuro and Kitiara, but I had quickly forgot my fear. As I thought about it, I realized the power that the two demons possessed. They could have killed me, or anyone else for that matter, if they had really wanted to.

"Of course I'm dangerous!" Kitiara exclaimed indignantly, putting her clenched fists on her hips. "Just because I look all soft and pretty doesn't mean I'm not dangerous. Do you think he same about   (Y/N) because she's pretty too? My, the standards of humans must have changed since the last time I was in Assiah." She shook her head as she stared down the humans in front of her. I blushed at the compliment Kitiara had given me.

"Uh, okay. I wanted to give something else a shot," I told Kitiara. She let her arms fall limp at her sides as she spoke to me. She looked calmer, but I could still see the endless fire in her eyes.

"Go ahead, (Y/N). I'm not here to stop you, I'm here to support you and make you stronger." I smiled and kneeled down in front of the black sword that still laid on the ground. Kitiara's had disappeared when I summoned her.

I placed both hands on the sword, now understanding the secret of the Sister Swords. That shock of power I had summoned what me partially summoning Katsuro and Kitiara. It was using their power through the swords, their vessels of a sort. The scripture carved on the inside of the ring worked as a sort of blood seal. Our physical contact had taken the place of using a drop of blood which had allowed me to summon the demons. I had been looking at it from the wrong angle all along, but I could see it all clearly now.

I closed my eyes and pictured the black haired blue eyed demon with a bad attitude in front of me. In a second, there was a another shock of power and soon Katsuro was sitting in front of me, a cocky smirk on his face as I held it shoulders. "It's about damn time," he said. The next thing I knew Katsuro was laying back on the floor, and the knuckles on my right hand were bleeding.

"You're an ass!" I shouted, holding my hand to my chest. He sat up and glared at me coldly. He only shook his head before standing up next to Kitiara.

"His place is a dump," he commented, looking around. I growled under my breath and stood up. "Ya gonna introduce us to you're friends, shortstop?" I fumed under my breath but somehow managed to keep my anger in check.

"Katsuro, lay off while we're in front of her friends," Kitiara said, laying a hand on the other demon's arm only to be shrugged off. I looked to see Shura and the Myoda sect looking at as all in shock. A sudden blush of embarrassment worked its way into my cheeks. It was strange talking to the demons in front of other people. I cleared my throat and shook my head, trying to psyche myself up.

"Uh, this is Katsuro and Kitiara," I introduced weakly. "They're the demons in the Sister Swords, and I finally managed to summon them. Kitiara is kin of Egyn, and Katsuro is kin of Astroth?" I said hesitantly, looking back at the two demons for confirmation. Kitiara smiled and nodded while Katsuro just grunted.

I looked back to the others to see what they would say. Yaozo and Tatsuma looked on in interest while the Shima boys looked on in distrust. Shura looked indifferent. "Demons are untrustworthy creatures from the depth of Gehenna," Juzo said, making me frown slightly even though I knew he was right. "How do we know we can trust them?" he asked as he glared at us.