36. I Am A Little Girl

"Keep up, Mase." Daryl orders. My dog is panting beside me, and I'm trying not too.
"Where we goin'?" I say slowing down a little bit.
"Less talkin' more runnin'."
We run to the big room, where he explained things to us the first day here. The whole group is there, Jenner turns on the screen, and the silhouette of a persons head comes on,
"Is that a brain?" Me and Carl ask in unison,
"Extraordinary isn't it?" Everybody is enthralled with it.
"What are those lights?" Shane inquires.
"It's a persons life, it's everything. All the experiences and memories,"he says some things that make zero sense.
"Huh?" I ask with a raised eyebrow, and Daryl nudges me.
"Quiet down, this is a grownup conversation, you don't need to know everythin'."
"Somewhere in here is you, what makes you unique and human."
"You don't make sense ever?" I mumble, getting nudged again,
"Don't make me tell you again." He warns, sounding very serious.
The doctor chuckles,
"The innocence of a child, those carry messages. They will determine everything you say, do, and think, since the moment you were born." He pauses, and looks at me,
"Why don't you take this, and go color over there." He hands me a coloring book and some crayons.
"I'd rather stay here."
"Go on, now," Daryl snaps, and I go.
I still watched the screen though. The brain thing went black, and the person started thrashing, till it stoped, something made it stop. Sophia's mom had her join me, and we watched the scene.
"I think they shot the person." I whisper to Sophia, she nods,
"That's what happened to Jim.
We color for a minute, when we hear Rick ask in unbelief,
"You mean there's nothing we can do?" Daryl mumbles something, and everybody looks depressed. Dale walks over to Jenner, and address him,
"I know this is all been very taxing for you, and I hate to ask one more question, but... that clock... It's counting down. What happens at zero?" The doctor thinks for a split second. I wonder why?
"The basement generators... they run out of fuel."
"And then?" Rick says almost in a threatening manner,
"VI, what happens when the power runs out?" He looks worried.
"When the power runs out, facility-wide Decontamination will occur."
Some of the guys jump up, and look worried.
"What does that big word mean?" I ask Daryl, he just ignores me,
"Stay with Lori till I come for ya." I bet she's gonna make me do school work.
      "Come on Apollo." I follow Lori, and Carl. To their room, and Lori gets out the schoolwork, but I just sit on the floor and pet my dog.
"What's the matter mom?" Carl asks, and I look over at Lori, who is waving her hands above, at the vent..
"Nothing just the air shut off."
All the lights shut off suddenly.
"Kids come on." We all leave the room, and Daryl comes out of his room along with the others.
"Mason come 'er." I walk over to Daryl, as doctor Jenner walks past.
"What's goin' on? Why is everything turned off?" Jenner takes the whiskey out of Daryl's hand, and takes a sip
"Energy is being prioritized."
"Air isn't a priority? And lights?"
Dale says in a annoyed voice.
"It's not up to me. Zone 5 is shutting itself down."
"Hey what the heck does that mean? Hey man, I'm talking to you. What do you mean it's shutting itself down? How can a building do anything?"
"You'd be surprised." Jenner says vaguely.  
     Rick and some of the other guys come running through the big Hall below us.
"Rick?" Lori yells, she sound scared, he holds his hand up telling her to wait.
"Jenner what's happening?"
"The system is dropping all nonessential uses of power." I zone I wish he'd stop using big words like that.
"We're on schedule." He hands Daryl back his whiskey, and tells us how the French held out the longest, or something like that.
"What happened?" Somebody asked.
"The same thing, that's happening here, they ran out of juice." He says other things, that I ignore.
     Shane starts to say something, but Rick cuts him off,
"I don't even care." He turns to the group,
"Lori, grab our things. Everybody get your stuff. We're getting out of here now!"
"Okay," Everybody starts to leave. Daryl grabs the back of my shirt collar, and pulls me roughly. Not to hurt me or anything, more out of protectiveness.
     An alarm starts blaring,
"What is that?" Shane yells. VI answers again...
"30 minutes to decontamination."
"Doc what's goin on here?!" Daryl yells, as he point to the door telling me to go to the room. Shane picks up,
"Everybody you heard Rick now let's get your stuff! Let's go! Now!"
     I run through the door, and turn around, to see Jenner hit some buttons, and the door starts to close
"Hey!" I scream. My dog is barking beside me.
"Daryl!" Daryl snaps around, and tries to get me, but it's to late. The door closes.
"No!" I hear screams I start banging on the door.
"Let me in!" I yell,
"Please? Daryl? Rick? Lori? Anybody please!" I stop, and slide down the door with my ear to it. I hear Daryl call Jenner something, and a struggle... I guess Daryl attacked the doc. I hear Rick,
"Jenner open that door now! We got a scared little girl on the other side."
"There's no point, everything is..." I start crying silently, and hyperventilating. Something happens, and a window thing opens up. I see everybody, but a glass is in front of it. I start hitting it, and yelling,
"Let me in! Please!" I start to hyperventilate even worse. I can't breath I'm having a panic attack.
"Hey she's having an attack!" Lori yells, and Daryl runs over.
"Hey, Mason ya gotta calm down. Hey, listen to me! I'm gonna git ya. Okay, ya gotta calm down.
Shane turns, and starts shooting the control things, and Daryl tries to take an axe to the door.
"Stand back Masie, If... when this shatters I don't want you getting hurt." I do as I'm told.
"That is made from..." I stop listening to Jenner, and focus on Daryl, until he stops.
"Yeah, but your head ain't!" He yells, charging the doctor with his axe, but some of the others stop him. I sit there, against the door, my dog beside me trying to comfort me.
"Daryl? What's gonna happen?" I yell.
"Nothin, nothin at all, cause your gonna be just fine." He says, but it's muffled by the glass.
     People are running around frantically, some are crying, and some are shocked.
"Jenner open this door!" When I feel like they've tried everything, I realize something really bad is gonna happen, and I'm scared... no I'm terrified. I start crying again. I try to stop, but I can't. I'm having a panic attack, I can feel it coming on.
"Daryl! Get over here!" Glenn yells.
"Mason! Remember what I said before, ya gotta calm down, it's gonna be okay. I'm gonna get to you."
"No! It won't be okay. It never is, nothing good ever happened to me, and it never will!" I sob out.
"That ain't true. Do you trust me?"
"I don't trust anyone, not anymore." I say making sure to make eye contact with Shane. He looks hurt, but not as hurt as I was last night.
"Daryl?" I whimper
"Hmmm?"
"I want to be brave."
"You're a little girl, enough of the tough kid act. It's okay to be a kid, and you need ta learn that still."
"Daryl... I'm so scared." I sob out.
     I curl up on the hard ground, and rock myself back and forth. I start to hyperventilate... bad.
"Mason! Masie, look at me. You need to look at me. It's gonna be okay... JENNER OPEN THIS FREAKIN DOOR!" He booms, but I just cry harder. I'm feeling light headed, probably from lack of air. The timer has five minutes left. I'm never gonna be with any of my... friends. I am crying so hard,
"Please, please! It hurts Daryl." It does, I think I'm gonna be sick.
"Doctor Jenner! She's a just a baby! She's scared look at her!" Lori sobs.
I'm crying so hard I almost don't see Jenner touch some buttons. Did he just...? He did! The door opens slower than I'd like it to. I can't move I'm so relieved, I feel like a baby, but I don't care. I'm too scared to care.

THE WALKING DEAD STARTS IN ONE WEEK!!!!!🤗🤗🤗
😭😭(TEARS OF PURE JOY)