45. Blackmail And Disagreements

After a short supper that I of course didn't eat, Daryl and I are heading to the makeshift camp, but that's when I remember.
"Daryl I left my clothes!" He looks irritatedly at me.
"Stop yellin' over nothin' we'll get them tomorrow."
"I need them now, my picture..." I accidentally let the last part slip.
"What picture?"
"Please Daryl it's important to me." I look at him with my puppy eyes, and he rolls his eyes.
"Fine go get it, and come right back, and it's not because that look. I can see right through that."
      I run back, and up the porch. When I find my clothes I sigh in relief. My knife, gun, and picture are in the same place I left them. I better get back out to the camp. Since I have my belongings I don't run, but instead I walk out the front door quietly.
"It was a good run," Glenn says to someone. I don't know who, until Maggie talked.
"Yeah it was thrilling." She says flirtation evident in her voice. I smirk... blackmail. I peek my head out the door in time to see Glenn and Maggie start making out.
Maybe I won't have to tell Daryl about my little fast goin' on. I swing the door open wide.
"Nice night for a... oh am I interrupting something?" I say with a fake apologetic voice. Maggie gets up quickly with a blush, and bids us goodnight. And I smirk at Glenn, and he rolls his eyes with a smile.
"I'd hate for Daryl to find out about me not eating... Almost as much as I would hate for Hershel to find out about his little girl is growing up faster than he wants." I say with a raised eyebrow, hoping he gets the message.
"Are you blackmailing me?" He says with an unbelievable expression.
"Just saying it would suck for Hershel to find out." I say holding my hands up as if I'm innocent.
"You wouldn't dare."
"Try me." He sighs,
"Fine you don't have to tell Daryl, but I want to know why you won't eat. We're still friends... right."
" I don't want any friends, but I'll tell you because you're nice."
"Thanks, Mase" He says with a smile.
"Yup, right after you tell me why you keep selling me out."
"I guess I was trying to impress Maggie. By showing her I was responsible," He admits honestly.
"How about if Maggie isn't impressed by you already, then she's not worth it. Your freakin' awesome!" I say with a smile, and he smiles back at me.
"Now what about you?"
"Well, if Sophia can't eat then neither should I," I say looking down.
"You know that Daryl found some open granola bars. And a cupboard that had been slept in, your dog got Sophia's scent. We think it was her. She's surviving Mason, by taking care of herself, and that's what you need to do." I look back up at him.
"She Really has had some food."
"Yup, and you are going to as well," he says handing me a granola bar from his pocket. I smile, and take it from him.
"Thanks!" I open it and shove it in my mouth, I'm so hungry.
     "Mason!" I hear Daryl yell.
"Gotta go, goodnight Glenn!" He chuckles,
"Night Mase."
     I run back to Daryl faster than I've run in a long time.
"What took ya so long."
"Sorry Glenn stopped me for a few minutes." He raises his hand, and I cower back.
"Calm down, I'm not ever gonna just hit you. Do ya hear me?" He puts his hand on my shoulder, and Leads me to his tent. Get into your pajamas, and lay down I'll be back in a minute."
I do as I'm told, and wait for him. I pull my picture out of my pants pocket before getting into my sleeping bag.
     I trace my momma's face with my finger, and smile. She looked so happy with me, yet she couldn't stand to live with daddy. Daryl comes in, and I put the picture under my pillow. And turn around to try to fall asleep. It isn't as comfortable as the bed last night, but at least I'm with Daryl so I feel a little safer.
"Daryl?" I whisper
"What?" He grumbles
"Where's my dog?"
"I told you, Hershel doesn't want him running around chewing things up he's in the RV...Listen next time."
"Sorry."
"It's fine... just go to sleep, I might not be here when you wake up. Gotta keep lookin for Sophia. I don't mind if you're outside, just stay outta trouble, and don't leave the fence or wonder from the adults. Somebody knows where you are at all times, do you understand?"
"Yeah, Glenn said you might have found a lead?"
"I might've, I won't need to take your dog tomorrow. He did all he could do."
"Was it enough."
"Don't worry about it, go to sleep."
"Goodnight Daryl."
"Night Masie."

     I wake up, and get blinded by the sunlight streaming in through the thin tent. Daryl's not in his sleeping bag that is still messed up from when he got up. I get out of my sleeping bag, and neatly lay it how it's supposed to be, and then I fix Daryl's.
After I'm dressed, and the tent looks decent I look carefully out the door to make sure it's safe to walk out. The first person I see is Carol doing laundry. I don't feel like doing that, I want to help find Sophia. I know Daryl said not to leave the fence, so that's not gonna work. Instead I walk to the house, and almost bump straight into Hershel.
"Excuse me," I apologize, and he nods his head in acknowledgment.
"At least some of you have manners."
"What do you mean?" I put my hands on my hips, and give him a small glare.
"What I mean is one of y'all took one of my horses, and didn't even have the decency to ask." He matches my mad look.
"Well maybe one of us is actually trying to do something besides pretend like everything is fine and safe, and nothing is ever gonna change that!" I sass.
I bet I know Who took that horse. If it was just the one horse that went missing, then that means it was somebody looking alone. Daryl is the only one so far that goes out alone, so it was probably him. One things for sure no one talks that way about Daryl... not while I'm around, and definitely not while he's around.
"You better watch your tone and words. You need to respect the adults, or I'll have to tell your daddy."
"I'll respect an adult, but only if he respects me and my family! And my daddy ain't here, so good luck telling him!" I stick my tongue out at him, and he looks shocked at me. I don't care though I stomp away before he can tell me off.
I guess I slept half the day away, because Maggie brings me a sandwich for lunch. Which I devour in record time. I go out to the RV to see my dog.
"Hey boy! Did ya miss me?" He answers by licking my face and pretty much everywhere else too. I know Hershel doesn't want Apollo out, but I couldn't care less. Especially when Glenn and Dale start talking about serious and boring things.
Me and my dog play tag, and fetch which I had to re-teach him, until Rick comes over, and calls me over.
"Yes sir?"
"Hershel told me you had a little problem. Mind explaining?" It doesn't sound like a question though. It sounds like I'm in deep trouble. I look down, and rub the back of my neck.
"Well, I guess... he was mad cause his horse was gone, and I was mad cause he was talkin' bad about Daryl, and I yelled at him and he yelled back..."
"Young lady you listen to me real well..." we're interrupted by Andrea's yell... score.
"Walker!" Rick jumps up,
"Is it just the one."
"I bet I can get it from here," She tries.
"No, no... put the gun down, and you." He turns to me, and points an accusing finger.
"Put the dog in the RV, you know Hershel doesn't want him running around. And our conversation isn't even near finished."
"Yes sir," I say in a whisper.
     I go to the RV, but I hear an argument about who's gonna take down the walker. I hurry and leave the RV I gotta see this. All the guys are running to the walker, and I look up to see Andrea aiming her rifle.
"Andrea don't," Dale tries.
"Back off," She says irritatedly.
"But Rick said not to." I try this time.
"I don't take orders from him."
"Maybe you should, after all you would be dead in a department store if not for him." I sass, and she glares at me. When all the guys stop running, it makes me wonder why. I pick up the binoculars, and look. What I see kind of scares me. It isn't a walker it's Daryl. My heart almost stops beating,
"Andrea stop!" But it's to late, she fires, and the figure drops to the ground.

I LOVED THE SEASON FINALE!!! WHO DO Y'ALL THINK THE VOICE IS??? COMMENT YOUR THOUGHT