In The Drug Store

A monster came out of the restroom, nearly pounced on her. It bared its teeth, snarling loudly. Everyone became alarmed.

"Jesus!" Larry exclaimed.

Lee showed panic, "Clementine!" He quickly limped over to her but tripped. He managed to get up though and made it to her in time before the monster took a bite.

"Get away from her you son of a bitch!" He said as he practically ripped it away from her. The monster then tried to get at him.

"Ah, God. Get..." Lee is struggling to keep it away. "Off... ugh."

I see the woman that saved me run up behind him, gun raised.

BANG

The monster collapsed and Lee had put his hands on his knees, "Man..." he said out of breath. He looked behind him to see who saved him.

The woman still had her gun up, but then slowly lowered it.

"You okay?" She asked.

"Just great, thanks."

Suddenly we heard those monsters scratching on the walls, banging on the doors. Their groans and snarling can be heard.

"Uh... guys?" I heard someone say.

Lilly lowered herself. "Everybody down. Stay quiet," she whispered enough for everyone to hear.

My parents brought me down off the chair, all of us crouching. Mom put her arm around my shoulders to give extra protection. We all waited, hearing those monsters trying to get in.

"They're gonna get in!" Larry whispered.

"Shut up," dad whispered back.

Then, we suddenly heard machine guns and bombs. They don't sound very far.

"Is that the military?" Lee questioned.

"I don't know," Lilly answered.

"Thank God for whatever it is," a young man added.

The monster's noises started fading away to an extent.

But the quietness soon ended. Larry stood up and started walking towards the woman. "We almost died because of this bitch and her itchy trigger finger! That was stupid! That was-" He was soon cut off clutching his heart, groaning in pain.

"DAD!!" Lilly shouted, running towards him.

My parents got up and quickly went over to him while I went back onto the chair. My eye is itching badly.

"Ahh!" Larry collapsed onto the floor still clutching onto his heart. What's wrong with him?

Lee seemed to voice out my question, "What's wrong with him?!"

Lilly looked up at him, "It's his heart!"

"My pills..." Larry groaned. Ugh... I can't take it. I rubbed my eye with my arm, making sure the grime doesn't get into it. I continued to listen though.

"Uh- um... nitroglycerin pills?" I heard mom inquire.

"Yes, we're out." She said as she stood back up. "We've been trying to get into the pharmacy ever since we got here!" When done scratching, I looked to where she is at. She turned to Lee. "Please, try to get in there. Behind the counter, where the pills are!" She begged.

Mom nodded and went back sitting next to me on a chair.

"There's probably another entrance. Maybe through the office," Lee considered.