Chapter 79, The world, the world

Start from the beginning

"Maybe I'm insane."

"You have to wake up. You just have to."

"I wish, you don't understand how much I wish, for a life where I didn't pretend to be the bad guy. I wish with all my... All your uncle's heart that I could've met you in better circumstances. Maybe then you wouldn't hate me as much. Maybe you would've even seen me as your friend."

"These boys... they're nice, but they don't see you. They see this golden girl when in fact you are so much more and so much less at the same time."

"I swear to you,  Marigold, that I see you."

"I see your soul. This strong creation of gold and silver and power. You are powerful, Marigold. There is power in facing the horrors of this world and walking out with a smile. Even if it's not always real."

"I hate myself so much for putting you through this."

"Xavier Jilten deserves to die."

"I deserve to die."

"Unfortunately not right now. No, my time will come. First I have to stop the South and save this world. After that, after the war, I will be sure to die painfully. I deserve it."

"I deserve it as much as I don't deserve you."

"I'm sorry."

Snapping back to reality, I look up in horror. The taxi driver is still speeding, but it's already ten to seven according to the clock on the dashboard. We're not going to make it... Xavier is going to fly away from here to go marry Jane and I won't ever see him again...

If he marry's Jane... He's ending our bond and I cannot have that.

When we finally get to the airport, it's five to seven and we're stuck in traffic. Not even paying the driver, I jump out of the taxi and start running.

I push my legs and run faster than I ever had. Faster than when Jane chased me. The sun starts rising in the distance, but it's dark with clouds and of course rain starts pouring down. I sprint like a madwoman towards the airport. Instead of going inside, I take a turn and run for the back.

The pavement starts forming puddles and my wet hair whips behind me. I grunt in frustration when I run through a bigger puddle and get the socks in my boots wet.

I hate wet socks.

When I spot the giant fence that separates the parking lot from the planes, I run even faster. With determination, I push off from the ground and jump the fence. My hand reaches the top just in time and I bite down on my teeth with the sharp pain that shoots up my arm when the fence digs into the skin of my hand.

I try finding leverage and pull myself up. When I get to the top, I spot Raven in the distance.

And Xavier...

Xavier boarding his jet with his inner gang.

"WAIT!!!!" I yell out even though I know they can't hear me from this distance.

I try getting over the fence, but my sweater gets stuck. I pull and pull and finally rip half of my sweater off and jump down the fence. It's a pretty hard fall and I land on my feet before falling and rolling. I scrape open some of my skin, but I ignore it and get up in a flash.

The door to the jet closes and I cry out in panic. I start running with all my life towards that jet.

"STOP! XAVI, STOP!" I cry out as the jet starts.