Chapter 26, Waking from the grave

Yes. I had said yes.

And nobody can blame me for stepping into a marriage that's not for love, because I'm pretty sure nobody has ever been in my shoes. It's not like I was going to marry for love in anyway. My parents would've gotten someone suitable and I would've accepted. In fact, they did get someone suitable, but with their death all that is lost now.

And the only bit of hope I can cling onto is that maybe, just maybe, I can learn to live and love. With time, maybe I can be really happy with Blake. He does love me. Or care for me at least. He will learn how to deal with me.

"Blake," I say when we stop at the mansion in Blue Jay, "Don't tell anyone yet. I first have to make things right..."

Blake looks at me and smiles. He couldn't stop smiling since I said yes. It's actually scary. "Don't worry, Fiance, I'll wait for when you're ready," Blake says before sliding out of Blue Jay and coming to open my door for me. I step out and make my way to the front door.

The ring Blake gave me - a giant monstrosity of one, is in my pocket.

The ring Owen gave me - a toe-ring that was an earing, is on my toe.

I get inside and Lynch is already sprinting for me. "WherehaveyoubeenIwassoworried!" he yells before grabbing me in a tight hug.

Normally, I'd feel all happy and warm.

"I was out. I'll explain later. Where's Owen?" I ask.

"Upstairs," Lynch answers and before he can explain anything about shampoos, I move to get to Owen's room. If anyone deserves to know I'm engaged, it's Owen. I owe him that much. Especially for what I am about to do...

Slowly, I walk up the stairs and then knock on Owen's door. In a heart beat, he opens it, smiles and then lets me in. I go sit on the bed.

"Goldy, what's wrong?" Owen asks.

"Me," I reply.

Owen sits next to me, his heavy frame making a dent in the bed and I use the moment to just take him in. His fancy coat that will always remain his signature style. His copper hair that grows more brown by the day. His wide shoulders. His dark, dark eyes. His lips. Those lips that once made me feel electricity, but now I can't even feel a knife if it was to stab me in the heart.