Chapter 39, Warnings

A/N: So, if you see an update notification, but can't find the chapter, it's probably just me that accidentally uploaded a chapter and quickly took it down

Watching Amber and Xavier is a pain in the chest. I literally feel a gaping wound that's not there as the two of them stand and talk to some other couple. Their dance was even worse. And the matching outfits aren't helping.

"Quick or slow?" Someone asks next to me.

I look over and it's Sean that's looking at Amber and Xavier as well. He's wearing a black mask with white tears as decoration. Even with the mask, I notice how hollow his cheeks have become.

"What?" I ask.

"When you murder Xavier, will it be a quick or slow death?" Sean repeats.

I sigh before looking back at Amber and Xavier. I'd love to give him a slow death, but he'll probably be the rat that he is and escape. A quick death is the best solution to get rid of the bastard. To cut him off before he can come back in and just ruin everything. If Xavier Jilten didn't exist, Amber wouldn't have become Rebma. We could've been happy.

"Quick," I answer Sean, "you?"

"I wouldn't kill him," Sean says.

"And who would you kill?" I ask - afraid he might be a traitor like Jack and stab me right here.

Sean lets out a ghost of a chuckle before saying: "Myself."

I can't help my own smile. Some people keep their humor.

We stand staring for a bit longer before Sean is off somewhere and I'm left alone. I make sure to get plenty of champagne in my misery. My brother would've loved this. He was supposed to be the West's leader after all. I wonder if things would've been different if he didn't get killed. I wonder if he would've dealt with the North with one swift decision and maybe even get Amber himself. He would've been a great leader. Something about his presence just inspired people to follow...

My chest starts feeling tight.

"Blake?" Myra asks when she walks over.

"Not now," I sigh.