Chapter 60, A goodbye

The next morning, I have my bags packed and everything set

The rest of the house is still pretty quiet. I'm up early. Possibly dying, does that to you. You'd think I'd be used to it by now, but I'm worried my luck might run out soon. Can't escape death every time, now can I?

The lovely Autumn themed room I've become accustomed to, feels a little cold. Still sitting on the bed, I let my fingers twirl through the rugged material of the bed throw. I'm in a black dress, because the maid that got shot was in a black dress. I look out of the giant window and notice the clouds hovering above the forest stretching for miles. It'll probably rain today, I think to myself. 

It's appropriate weather today, since I might actually die.

Then again, when am I not in danger of dying?

The memory of last night sends a shiver down my spine.

Nessa took me to a back room in Isabella. There, we followed a set of stairs that went down. It was dark and dry and when Nessa switched on the lights, rows and rows of shelves with spices was revealed. Well, my first thought was that it was spices and I thought I figured out why Nessa was so spicy.

Turns out it was her collection of herbs.

I followed her to the back of the room where three tables were placed and tools on those tables. Vials and bowls seemed to litter all the counter space on the old wooden tables.

"I never told ye that I came from the Northern part of Scotland," Nessa said while rearranging a few things on her desks.

"No, you didn't," I replied.

"Well, Northern Scotland is much more rural than Southern Scotland with its cities. They have their beautiful farms and of course still cling to their Gaelic language. I was raised on a farm. I was very traditionally raised and mah parents focused on mah mother tongue rather than English," Nessa explained while examining a few vials like she was looking for something. "Ye should've seen the farm. It was amazing. I was free to roam and mah grandmaw taught me all abou' the herbs that grew there."