Chapter 49, Let's go

"What do you think Blake needs to tell you?" I ask Marigold

Marigold throws her hands up, her hair whipping back, when she says, "I don't know! Should I just smell what the hell it is Blake wants? Knowing him he wants to discuss whatever we are right now. Since we were engaged and all. It was never really cleared up and I seriously don't have the patience for that conversation."

I nod. It could be what Marigold suggests or... Maybe something has happened. I look back up and Marigold is trying to tame her hair into a bun of sorts - failing miserably may I add. I sigh and reach out for her phone.

"What?" Marigold asks and lets go of her hair so it can fall down her back again. Is it just me or is her hair getting darker? Getting back to that honey gold color?

"You seem to have forgotten, but I'm a hacker. I taught Jack all he knows. Hand me your phone and I can see what I can do," I explain.

Marigold frowns and bites her lip in contemplation. I start thinking about our first kiss all over again. How it was in the middle of chaos while Marigold still had tears in her eyes. I hate that. I hate that our first kiss was like that, but... I guess it doesn't matter in anyway. I'm engaged to Jane now. As psycho as she may be, I'm not one to cheat. The fate of the country rests upon my capability of controlling Jane. Kissing or even thinking about kissing Marigold isn't helping the case.

You realize Jane is also a Marigold, some part of me thinks.

There is only one worthy of the name, I reply.

Hesitantly, Marigold hands me her phone and I look it over. "I'll just hack into Blake's microphone to hear what's up. I'm getting a bad feeling about this," I explain while coding into Marigold's phone through Blake's message.

"How the hell will you do that?" Marigold asks.

"Same way I did with you," I answer nonchalantly.

"You hacked into my microphone?" Marigold asks astonished.

"Of course. While I was 'Mysterious Fucker'. When you replied to me that first time, you gave me some codes to your phone. Basically what I do is I need to let a preview window of Blake's recorder pop up on his phone. Developers can't hide these. The trick is in the size of the window. Making it a one by one pixel is nearly invisible," I explain further while working on Marigold's phone. This is a skill I required while I was the North's hacker. The previous Northern leader always had me spying on other leaders.