Chapter 51- i need your help

Começar do início

I feel a surge of anxiety bubble up in me. I can't keep putting off this decision.

"Actually..." I begin, looking at my hands instead of her eyes. "This past year, a lot of doors were opened for me. Many academic ones, but also personal. I've experienced new things and make new relationships, and bettered myself as a person. As difficult as it is for me to admit," I pause, knowing she won't like what I have to say. "I believe my values have changed along with me. I really am considering attending a University closer to home, since there are many important relationships that I don't want to l-"

"Ji-won." She interrupts. When I slowly look up at her, her expression is serious, smile gone. I wipe my clammy hands against my skirt.

"There are many brilliant students at this school. Hard working students, that have big dreams for the future. You are among, and even above, those students. It disappoints me grandly to hear you lowering your standards, especially this late in the year."

"N-no, you misunderstood." I quickly say, sitting up straighter. "My standards are the same, very high, but I've just taken other factors into consideration. Seoul National University is very prestigious, number one in our country."

"I won't dispute that, it's a brilliant school, but it can't compare with your other options! You had a plan, but now you're making foolish, last minute changes. Do you really want to change your mind now? What if you regret it later on?" She asks, her eyes slimming in a warning gaze. "Don't make any rash decisions in an emotional storm. Everyone experiences these kinds of thoughts, but everybody leaves eventually. You're entering adulthood, there is no room for immaturity or childish nostalgia. You have to think about the future and not get hung up in the past."

We sit in silence for a few long moments, and I can't bring myself to make any more eye contact with her. "Your parents, peers, and educators all have exceedingly high expectations for you. Please do not disappoint them, and realize that you'd don't have much time left to make a decision. Acceptance letters are being released before the end of the month."

It's February 2nd, high school ends midway through June. There's so little time and so much I still need to think over. So much I still want to do before getting swallowed by adulthood. If only there was more time, if only there wasn't still so much holding me back...

"You're dismissed. Have a wonderful day."

I bow and quickly rush out of her room, desperately hoping she didn't notice the sudden spring of tears in my eyes. I wipe them away and take a deep breath once I'm out. Childish.

Maybe it's already too late.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JUNGKOOK'S POV

What the fuck.

I stare at my new phone screen, holding it tightly with a strong sense of conflict eating at me.

I pace around the room, back and fourth to try and get rid of some nerves. Should I?? It could go in any direction. I don't want to, but what else can I do?

"Fuck." I mutter, not even blinking as I focus on the screen. I have no other plan, this is truly my last resort... should I call, or not?

I've probably gone insane, staying at a prestigious hospital for 8 days, with my broken family and crushing guilt. Maybe it's all finally getting to my head.

My brother inconstantly slips in and out of consciousness. I always get my hopes up, my heart picking up pace vastly every time his monitor changes. This is it, he'll really wake up this time, he's okay.