Chapter Six

Jaylin•

(A few weeks later)

These last four weeks went by so fast, I started my new job, Omari and I became friends and me and Damien became closer. As of right now, me and Damien are just talking, nothing too serious.

I walked into J.H. Inc., the lady at the front desk smiled at me, "Mr. Smith left you this." She said, handing me an envelope. I looked at it and walked to my working area.

I finally caught a break from my supervisor yapping herself off on how busy the next few days would be due to the fashion show and we needed more designs. I walked to the cafe across the street and opened the envelope and pulled out the piece of paper,

Dear Jay,

These last few weeks have been fun as I got to know you better. You have such a beautiful soul, and I just can't get enough of it. I know we both been busy with our jobs, so meet me on the roof at 8 tonight, I have an surprise for you.

-Love, Damien

I closed it back up and sat it on the table before taking another bite of my sandwich, I decided to call and check up on Erykah,

Her: "Hey, nice of you to finally call."
Me: "I'm sorry I kinda got caught up in work."
Her: "I understand, so how you been?"
Me: "Good, me and Damien are talking now."
She screamed so loud in the phone I had to move it from my ear: "My best friend dating the grandson of the CEO of J.H. Inc.!"
I laughed: "Well, I mean, it's going to be hard to try and get used to dating again, since you know what happened back in New York."
Her: "I know, but you gotta let that shit go, that nigga was a piece of shit and didn't deserve you."
Me: "I know. So how are you and Mama Dukes holding up?" I always called her mom, mom, because mine was always distant from me, not physically, but spiritually, emotionally, and mentally.
Her: "I'm good and she's doing better, they found some cancer in her body but it's only beginning so the treatment should go good."
Me: "Oh, damn. I really wasn't expecting that." It hurt to know that she had cancer, but I was glad it wasn't too bad.
Her: "Well I gotta run, I'll call you back in a bit."
Me: "Okay, bye."
Her: "Bye, love you."
Me: "Love you too." I said before hanging up. I looked at the clock and my break was almost up, I walked back to the building.

When I entered the building and started to make way for my department, I felt a strong hand grab me and pull me into an office before smashing his lips into mine. When the person pulled back, I seen it was Damien. He was showing that damn perfect smile, "Hey bae." He said. I blushed, he called me bae, I thought to myself, "H-hey," I stuttered, "Dont do that again I almost had a heart attack." I said breaking from my stutter and punching him in the arm. He started laughing and rubbed his arm, "Damn you hit hard." I laughed, "What's so funny?" He said, grabbing my waist and pulling me closer to him, and he started kissing me.

He pulled away and looked at his watch, "Damn, I have to go to a meeting, but you got my letter, right?" He asked, "Yeah, I got it." I said looking down, I really didn't get to see him as much anymore due to he had his responsibilities and I had my own too. He grabbed my chin and lifted it up til my eyes met his, "Dont worry, we'll have more time soon." He said, pecking my lips. I smiled and walked out the room, he slapped my ass as I walked pass him, heading for my department.

"Where were you?!" I heard a woman's voice yell behind me, "You're late and you know I needed everyone to help with this, start showing more integrity if you want to keep this job." She continued as I walked to my area, rolling my eyes and got back to work.