Chapter Five

•Jaylin•

The day was getting boring and I had nothing else to do so I put on my work out clothes and headed for the gym. "Jaylin." I heard my names being called behind me, I turned around and seen Omari, there was something about him, he reminded me of someone. I just don't know who.

"Oh, hey Omari." I said, I guess he was heading to the gym too since he had already walked pass the lobby doors. "You free today?" He asked me, opening the gym door, I thought about Damien, we weren't together, right?

I smiled, "Yeah, what you want to do?" I honestly had nothing better to do except sleep, eat, and watch tv. Erykah was out of town in Washington State, still caring for her mother, I'm going to go visit them next week. "Ion know, we could go grab some to eat then come and chill at my place." He said, his eyes were so pretty. He was fine and all but he still wasn't no Damien. "Sure why not." I said, starting to exercise. He did too, and we talked and laughed as we did.

•Damien•

I was driving to the warehouse when I got a text from my grandfather,

Where are you? There are people waiting to speak with you.

I couldn't let him find out about this side of my life either, he would surely kick me out the business world with no second thoughts. I didn't reply and put the phone down so the cops wouldn't try to pull me over.

I finally arrived at the warehouse, my people where standing by their cars when I got out, "Why you so late?" Redd said, walking over to dap me up, "Traffic." I said and him and the 2 others followed me to the door, "He's already tied up, we just need you to get answers about his boss, we know you're good at that." Trex said, opening the door.

I walked over to the man who was bleeding his ass off and was tied up, I smacked him in the face, "Get up, nigga." He slowly turned his head towards me, "I'm not speaking." He simply said, Oh but you will, I thought to myself, I walked over to a dark corner and used the flashlight from my phone to see the weapons, "What weapon should I start with, the bat or the taser?" I asked, I was going to use the bat no matter what, I just wanted our victim to see what we had in store.

I grabbed the metal bat and walked back over to him, dragging the bat behind me, "This is your last chance, where does yo boss stay?" I asked, getting a better grip of the bat, "I'm not-" before be could finish, I swung the bat into his stomach, "Wrong answer," I looked at my watch, "Now you have about 5 minutes to tell me or we will just kill you and call it a day, I have more important business to attend to."

The next 5 minutes consisted of me constantly beating the hell out of him until I had to get going. I pulled out my gun and shot him twice in the head, "Call Dexter to clean this up." I told Redd and Trex as I walked out the building.

I got in my car and headed back for my place, I had to get rid of these clothes. I changed in the car and threw the old clothes in the dumpster before walking into my house. I looked down at my phone and it was dry, not really, but the only person I wanted to see a notification from was Jay.

I laid on the couch, staring at the ceiling. I couldn't quit thinking about him, his smile, his walk, his face, his attitude, that ass.... I decided to text him, what did I have to lose?

•Jaylin•

I was sitting on Omari's couch, cuddled up beside him watching tv when I heard my phone ding. I got up and went to the counter and looked at it, I smiled when I seen it was a text from Damien.