Chapter Eighteen (part 2)

•Damien•

It's been a week since this whole incident, Omari killed himself and Jay was in a coma. Erykah started living with me because I didn't want her out on her own. But really, I've been living at the hospital, sleeping on the chair by Jay every night. Praying that God gives me a miracle and brings him back to me.

"Mr. Smith," a doctor said, walking inside the room, I looked up at him and nodded, he led me out the room and started again, "We have concluded that even though Jaylin is in a coma, he has a 40% chance at coming back." My heart dropped, "W-w-What do you mean?" I asked him, "I'm saying that," he sighed, "Jaylin is basically dead, the only thing keeping him holding on to the last thread of life is the life support and with the migration, it's becoming more expensive. So I needed to ask you, do you want to keep him on life support or not?"

My whole world started to crumble at these words, part of me was saying that he was already gone and to just let him move on to the afterlife, but another pare of me was saying that he was coming back. He has to come back! I can't lose him, I love him! "Yes, keep him on." I decided, "But Mr. Smith, you do understand that it isn't a guarantee that he's coming back, are you sure?" "I'm sure, dammit. Keep him on!" I yelled and walked back into the room.

I grabbed Jay's hand and started sobbing, I've never cried so much in my life, "Jay. Please, come back to me. I can't lose you, bae. Ever since Erykah introduced us and we started talking, I fell for you. You make me complete, so baby, please, I'm begging you. Don't leave me here!" I laid my head on his stomach and started crying some more.

The heart monitor started to beeping out of control, I picked up my head and looked at it and nurses moved me back and started rushing to him saying all types of codes. I know this type of beeps, the procedure, it all happened with my grandma, Jaylin was about to leave. The monitor started to beep slower, and slower, and slower, until that last BEEEEP.

He was gone. I started to cry uncontrollably, "Jay!" I screamed, the nurses tried to calm me down but I brushed them off and walked out the room.

After what seemed like forever, I heard someone scream, "He's alive!" I ran back into the room and the monitor was picking up heartbeats again, he still wasn't awake but he wasn't dead either.

I got a call from my grandfather saying that I needed to come back to work if I wanted to keep getting paid, so I told him I would be in tomorrow.

(Two weeks later)

It's been three weeks now, Jay still hasn't woken up. I started to think maybe he was really gone. I sat by his bed and rubbed his hand as a tear ran down my face. I held his hand but stopped rubbing it.

I sat there for a few seconds before hearing the most beautiful thing I ever hear in my life, "Damien...." I looked over at him and seen him opening his eyes, "Jay!" I exclaimed, planting my lips on him, "Damien..." He said weakly trying to push me back.

I ran out the room and yelled, "He's up!" The nurses came running into the room. They did some procedures on him then brought me back into the room, "We decided to keep for one more day then he can go home." The doctor said. I nodded then walked over to him, "How you feeling?" I asked him, "Better." He said weakly. We sat there and talked for a bit before I had to go back to work, "I'll be back later or tomorrow to come get you." I said walking out, he said okay and I left.

(Two days later)

It's been two days since my baby been back home with me. He's doing much better even though he can't do much so I took off of work again to stay with him til he gets better.

"Bae, I gotta tell you sum." I said pulling him into my lap.

•Jaylin•

I loved being back home and free of drama, it was nice. Ever since I got back, Damien helped me move in to his place since I basically lived here now.

"Bae, I gotta tell you sum." He said as he pulled me into his lap, he was so sexy when he called me bae, like take me now daddy!

"Yeah?" I said, looking into his eyes, "I want you to come and meet my family." He said pecking my lips. "Really?" I said kinda getting excited, "Yeah, they are having a Family Reunion at my granddad's old house in Oregon, I want you to come with me." He said. "I'd love to." I said, "And one more thing." He said, his tone becoming more serious. "Hm?" I asked, "Erykah is pregnant."

"Wait what?!" I yelled

"When she was visiting her mom, her and her ex did it and she got pregnant, but there's a problem." He said looking down.

"What is it?"

"She doesn't want the baby, she said she's not ready to provide for one yet, not with her mom or none of that. And you know she doesn't really believe in abortion so she's thinking about adoption and I don't want her to have to go through that so I been thinking..."

"What Damien..." I said, my tone lowering

"Maybe," his voice went real high, "We could take the baby.."

"What?!" I yelled

"Bae, calm down, I mean think about it, Erykah can see it any time she want to but we would have to tell the baby thats her aunt and Erykah agreed with it too."

"You already talked to Erykah about this?" I said getting angry.

"Calm down, you were in a coma so I just made that decision hoping you would agree with it."

"Are we even ready for all that?" I asked him. I did agree with him but like are we ready for a baby?

"Yes," He said pecking my lips again, "We are financially stable, all this mess is over, all we need to do is get a bigger house."

I rolled my eyes, "So when is she due?" I asked

"So you saying yes?" He asked with a smirk

"I don't see why not."

"Well then, 8 months." He said.

I nodded then we just starred in each other's eyes for a bit before he pulled me into a passionate kiss. And one thing led to another.

A/N: this is part 2. Sorry if it seemed a bit rushed but ion have a good excuse n this is my first book so I'm still learning anyways, hope u enjoy!