Dawn of the Driscoll

~Third person P.O.V~

Randy and Howard were watching the Whoopee World Frightacular commercial on Howards phone waiting for science class to start.

"So Bruuuuuuuuuuce!" Randy said commenting on the commercial. "Get it? Bruuuuuce!"

"Got it the first time...." Howard said while putting his phone away. "Still stupid. Speaking of the Frightacular, will you be inviting a certain red head to join us or are you gonna choke like you usually do?"

Randy gave him a look of disbelief. "Choke? Me? I'll have you know that I do not choke."

"Well what about that one time..."

                                                                    ~~Flashback~~

Riley was going through her locker as Randy walked over with the intention of inviting her to join him and Howard to the Game Hole.

"H-hey Riley..."

The red head looked up to see Randy next to her fidgeting and looking nervous.

"Oh, Hey Randy. Whats up?" She greeted as she closed her locker.

"Uhh... I was just wondering if you would- if your not busy!- l-like to join Ho-" Randy was cut off by the bell, signaling class was about to start.

"Sorry, what was that?" Riley asked with a smile.

Randy's nervousness grew as he stuttered. "Uh... I- you-Howard- me-Game Hole- ask...."

Riley got an awkward look her face as Randy continued to stumble with his words. "Um... I have to get to class... we can talk later okay?"

He didn't seem to hear her as he kept rambling and didn't notice she walked away with a bewildered look on her face.

"-play with-I-after school-me-whoa!"

"Out of the way shoob!" Bash shouted as he pushed Randy to the side and into an open locker.

"Aw man......"

                                                                     ~~Flashback end~~

Howard laughed at the memory as Randy gave him a flat look, clearly unamused. "Okay so I had a little trouble in the past. But today will be different! I'll be so smooth when I ask her, that she'll say yes before I even finish." Randy declared as the classroom started to fill up.

"Well Mr. Smooth guy, here's your chance." A smirking Howard said as he pointed to the incoming red head.

Randy froze at the sight of her but quickly snapped out of it when he saw Howard's smug smirk. A determined feeling welled up in him, ready to prove his friend wrong.

That feeling quickly died as he stood beside her desk and as she looked up at him with her warm brown eyes.

"Hi Randy."

Randy cleared his throat as he felt his heart start racing. "Uh...Hey-hi! Riley, how's it going?"

"Pretty good. Did you need something?"

Randy gulped. "Um... if-if your not doing a-an-anything on Halloween, would you l-like to-" The final bell went off just as Mrs. Driscoll walked in holding a box of potted plants.

Knowing he had to go back to his seat, Riley gave him an apologetic smile while shrugging in a 'what-can-you-do' matter.

Randy returned the smile, though strained, but it fell into a frown when he turned around to sit as his desk. He slammed his head on the desk, groaning in defeat.