Last Stall on the Left

~Riley's P.O.V~

"Welcome Freshman. I'm sure your bummed to be back in school....... WELL SO AM I! 500 WORDS! WHAT YOU DID ON YOUR SUMMER VACATION!" The English teacher, Mr. Bannister, bellowed out before slamming his fist on his desk.

Rubbing my ear from the loud volume, I took out a sheet of paper and began writing. Making sure to leave out my new discovery from two days ago. (A/M: See Prologue)

"Cunningham! Lemme copy off ya!"  A voice said to my right, making me turn to see Howard Weinerman crouching in front of my desk neighbor, Randy Cunningham.

I've known those two since Kindergarten, though we don't really hang out. We would usually have the occasional conversation or just wave to each other in passing. But I guess one could call us friends.

"Howard we cant turn in the exact same essay." Randy said to his best friend.

"But we had the exact same summer!" A shoe then hit Howard causing him to smack his head into Randy's desk making the latter reel back in surprise. I myself flinched back from the sudden attack while looking up at my teacher.

"NO TALKING!" Mr. Bannister yelled while leaning back in his chair with his feet on his desk, presenting his ripped up sock that showed off his......unsightly foot. ~Shiver~

Quickly returning to my essay, I began to write small detailed events that I did over the summer with my family and my best friend Rachel. Like going to the movies, amusement park, the lake, and a bunch of other stuff.

"PENCILS DOWN!"

Laying my head in my hand in boredom as I wait for my paper to be picked up, I mindlessly let my eyes wander around the classroom before they settled on Randy once more only to blink in surprise as I watch him shred his essay into pieces before giving the remains to the teacher.

"What's this supposed to be?" the teacher asked sternly.

"Ummm....My commentary on the fleeting nature of summer." Randy replied with a nervous smile.

'He cant be serious'  I thought while watching the scene amused.

"Excellent use of metaphor!"

'Good grief...'

" Aced it!" Randy cheered.

"I'll give you a B." The teacher said before continuing on.

"B-ced it!"

Cant helping it, I huffed out a laugh catching Randy's attention.

Flashing him a thumbs up and a smile I said. "Not bad Randy."

His eyes widen a bit before he flashed his own smile, though nervous, and thumbs up.

"Uh.. Thanks Riley."

Nodding, I faced forward just missing the faint blush on his cheeks.

                                                               ~~~~Time skip~~~~

"Rachel you know we saw each other this morning right?" I asked my best friend Rachel who was hugging me on our way to the cafeteria for lunch.

"I know! But I wanna give you enough Bestie hugs to get you through the whole week when I'm at practice!" Rachel exclaimed with a huge smile while giving me one last hug before walking beside me.

Smiling at the little ball of sunshine that is my best friend as we enter the cafeteria. We sat down and brought out our lunches.

"So when do you think its gonna happen?" asked Rachel as she nibbled on her bunny shaped sandwich with a smile.