Chapter XXVI (Ciel's POV)

I sat alone in the theater waiting for her to return with Sebastain. I looked out over the audience for a moment before lookinh at the others in boxes near and across from me. A women was staring at me while whispering to man next to her. His expression was neutral until he looked in my direction. I dismissed their glances and turned my eyes to the empty chair next to me. Tea was left out for us to enjoy. I grabbed the saucer and cup and took a sip. "Why did she allow herself to get involved in that auction? Fool." I thought to myself. "She is sensible, disappointing to see it wavering." I enjoyed the tea before I heard her footsteps re-entering the box. She sat down. "Everything alright (Y/N)?" I asked as she sat down. She nodded and replied that she was doing good. I grabbed her hand and held on. She looked down our hands and I relaxed, knowing that although she might have some different traits that she has the capability of regaining her once serious and stern demeanor that made me fall in love with her in the first place. She is like one of the roses in the garden, a beautiful and enchanting creature that will prick anyone or anything that is to not to her benefit when provoked enough. I smirked thinking of a way to bring that back out in her. In any means possible.

"Lord Phantomhive?" I heard her call to me, making me lose my train of thought. I turned my head to her. "Thank you for retrieving me today. I apologize for the inconvenience." She stated. "It's no issue Lady Belmont." She nodded and returned to the show. She was holding something back I could see in her eyes. Her guard was up since I have been looking at her. She looks in my direction briefly a few times, I chuckle to myself quietly knowing that I am making her uncomfortable. Sebastain stands nearby a small smile on his lips. "I will get this rabbit to do as I please." I thought to myself. After a few more moments, I looked back at the opera. I smirked, having a devious plan in mind.

The opera concluded and Sebastain escorted us back to the carriage. The moon was high above and I could see on her face that exhaustion was nagging at her. We sat opposite as the carriage began moving. A small silence sat between us. "Lord Phantomhive," she began. "I had an inquiry on the matter of affairs." I stared at her, she held the locket in her hands while sliding it along the chain around her neck. I smirked, "And what is the matter?" She looked at me with something new painted on her face, dominance. "I want to partake in the matter of organization and logistics of the Funtom." I smirked even wider. "No (Y/N)." Her once dominant attitude quickly changed. "Why?" She inquired. "Funtom is an immensely popular company. You lack the knowledge and experience of such a branch of business." Her shocked and offended expression was cute. "Lack knowledge? My Lord, that is hardly the case, I was right there by my father's side learning how business and Belmont teas worked. I am familar with accounting, financing, marketing, organization, and management areas of expertise." I shook my head, her pleds wouldn't change my answer in the slightest. She did eventually give up and looked at me rather defeated. We arrived back at the townhouse, "Join me in the parlor (Y/N)." I ordered her. She nodded and Sebastian took our coats and cloaks. "Sebastain," I ordered as he was folding my coat over his arm. "Bring us some tea." He bowed and repsonded with a quick "Yes, my Lord."

We walked in and she stood. "Please sit." I motioned her as I took a seat near a small side table. She said acroas from me on another chair. "I do find your enthusiasm for Funtom and working for me rather, endearing. However, I have a proposal for you." I paused. She looked at me dead in the eye. Sebastain entered with some tea. Her eyes perked up after taking a few sips. I looked at Sebastain, his neutral yet dark eyes glazed down at mine. "You will take charge of the Belmont company and restore it to it's former glory." "How? I have no money to help it back up." She quickly butt in. "I will be an investor." She placed the cup down. "Go on." And then I saw it. That look I recalled earlier on her face, the same expression she carried when I first met her. She seemed to proclaim herself as a different being all together. "It won't be much longer (Y/N) until you will grow tired and hungry for power over something. You may try to hide it but you know that you are no normal lady." Her expression didn't quiver, I was ready to poke at her a bit more. "Funtom has no room for a woman to work as a head of a department or branch. If anything, I could offer you a position as a seamstress or toy maker." The intensity grew in the room, of course I knew better. "You are not some lost dog following your father's death. You will maintain what he left established for you. It is a honor and privilege for you to fulfill." She tense body loosen up slightly. "I will offer to invest a good sum of options into your business." She looked at me dead in the eye. "For what in return?" I stood and walked over to her. She remained still and stood behind her. I placed a hand on her shoulder. "It will be a subsidy of Funtom."

Her body stiffened under my hand. I smirked knowing that I got her in the right place. She pushed my hand away. "Lord Phantomhive," she spoke not looking in my direction. "Your rather persuasive technique might have worked before but I will not allow everything my family worked for to be owned and regulated by another." I stepped out in front of her. Sebastain walked behind her chair, taking my previous place. "Offer me some other incentives to give up the name and remaining pieces of my family's business." She looked up at me dead in the eye. "Sebastian," I spoke and looked up at him. "Bring Lord Belmont's luggage." She quickly stood up. "Sebastain, you will not do such a thing. What kind of a butler are you if you invade guests' private property?" He was already walking to the door. "Lady Belmont, I apologize but I serve the master." She watched him leave. I sat back down and stared at her. I could see rage in her eyes. We sat in silence until Sebastain returned. He carried only a single box. Her eyes grew wide. The air shifted quickly as Sebastian approached. "Do you plan on trying to blackmail me in some form Lord Phantomhive?" She said surprisingly calmly. Sebastain stood next to me. "We both know what's that box of yours. Photos of your family, documents related to financial and nobility status of your family and the business." She nodded slowly. Sebastian gave the box of items to me. "I see that they have no obvious meaning to you. Sebastain." I looked over at him, he nodded and held her back against the chair she was sitting in. She protested and struggled against him. "It's of no value to you to you now. Right?" I opened the box and on top was a newspaper clipping that showed me at the scene of a murder. I pushed it aside quickly, remembering that I cannot let her get to me. I pulled out a copy of one of Belmont's many business licenses. I looked at her, waiting to see her response. She sat there silent and as straight as a board. I stood up and threw it into the fire. She eyes lit with rage. I smirked knowing that its not diffcult to get what I want, just have to get them to trust first. I continue to dig through the box. She was staring intensely at fireplace where the paper was quickly turning into ash. "And this?" I pulled out a copy of  Her third quarter balance sheet. She began to struggle under Sebastian's grasp again. I walked over the fire with it and threw it in. She began to cry. 

I have no remorse for her, I am doing this for her own good. To let go of the past and learn a lesson. Tears streamed down her face. I placed the box down and showed her a copy of the chamber of commerce certificate for the city of London. The company's biggest sales spot. "You're family's business is already dead (Y/N). You said so yourself that you have no interest in maintaining it." I walked back to the fire and I heard a "wait!" from her. I smirked knowing that she would stop me. Sebastian let her go. She fought back her tears and I glanced her way, feeling myself getting anxious. "I'll give you 20% of the equity." She pulled out her handkerchief and tried to dry her eyes. I glanced down at her with my annoyed look. "This is for your own good Lady Belmont. It's disgusting this display that I had to put on to show you the importance of securing a place in this cold world. I expect something in return for my hospitality. " I threw the box down next to her, it's contents sprawling across the floor. She didn't move. "We will continue this discussion again later." I walked out of the room quickly leaving her behind.