Chapter XXI (Ciel's POV)

I wanted to take her into London to see an Opera, to enjoy the atmosphere, to watch her get excited over the little things, and to hopefully, change her mind about her family's business. After she departed my office to read on her own, I asked Sebastian what operas, plays, or other theatrical presentations were showing in the theaters. "My Lord," Sebastian began explaining the schedule of options. "There is a showing of Mozart's "Die Zauberlföte" as well as Thomas Holcroft's "A tale of Mystery."" I looked up at him from my desk. "We will be seeing the Mozart production. Sebastian, please ensure that we have the best seats in the house for next week." He bowed, "Yes, my Lord."

After he departed, I rose from desk and approached the bookshelf. I thought of her, that girl. A young women that could soon be ready to take on a large company but clearly lacks spme qualities that I'm kind enough to help with. I pulled a book from the shelf, a book about keeping accounting in check. I felt the book's texture under my fingers. "What a strange feeling" I thought to myself. "I don't want to see her failing and miserable because of her stupidity but since when I care about others?" I replaced the book back on the shelf a few moments later. Walking back over to my desk, I sat down and began my work. An american company was interested in purchasing and importing a few of my company's products for a selection of toy stores in New York City. It was an opportunity to penetrate a new market. I started to read it over in detail when a knocked erupted for being the door. "Come in." I called. Sebastian re-entered, "Apologizes my Lord but the options for dinner are ready for your selection. We have lamb with potatoes imported from Ireland, ham accompanied with green beans, or a more Indian dish of curry and rice." I looked up at the butler, "The ham will be fine." He bowed and then left.

Time flew and before long, dinner was ready. I met (Y/N) in the dinning room. We talked of the weather, of business, and of the schedule of upcoming events. After enjoying the meal, Sebastain removed the plate and silverware from the table. I stood up and walked towards the door. "Lord Phantomhive?" I heard her calling and standing up from the table. I turned around and looked at her. I felt my neutral expression change slightly as she asked if I was available for tea in 15 minutes. It was as if one could chuckle on the inside at this girl; her expression would be considered "cute" by some standards. Such a poor quality for a girl who once considerated herself a business person. "Yes, I can." I nodded at her. "Please tell Sebastain to prepare an earl grey." Her expression seemed shock. "Earl grey at this hour my lord?" Such a pretty sight to see, her curiosity mixed with confusion. I nodded and walked out. I arrived at the office to finish signing the documents from before and then met her in a sitting room that had a view of the garden. Many could observe this room and express how much wealth it displays in the Phantomhive name. Indeed, it did have gold ceiling and wall fixtures, a small but real crystal chandelier, and the finest furnishings imported for many locations all across the world. I wasn't surprised to see her select this room for our meeting; a normal person would see it as lovely. Sebastian escorted me in before bowing and leaving to prepare the tea. I looked at her. Her expression was neutral but her eyes showed a different story. "My Lord," she began looking away from me. I started back at her. "I am extremely grateful for all you have done and provided for me but I don't want to over extend my welcome." I looked at her, knowing what she was hinting at. "(Y/N), you do as you please but do not think you are stretching the phantomhive hospitality by staying as long as you wish." She looked up, relief showered upon her features. "Thank you my Lord." She responded. I nodded and ailence filled the room. After a few moments, she spoke again "How was work today?" "It was fine." I replied simply. She nodded her head once and Sebastain returned. I told him to leave after setting up the tea and small pastries for us. "I- uh" she began. I saw the tension in her body. I looked up and enjoyed the tea. She only ate some of the small cake and has not enjoyed the tea yet. "If I may, Ciel, could I inquire about my room?" "What is the matter with it?" I asked, or rather spat out harsher than intended. She seemed slightly taken aback and spoke softly, "It's just that, well, if it's not a problem, may I switch rooms to one that is a bit closer to the library? There was a very simple one that had a view of the estate's ground." She looked away quickly, as if expecting a punishment for asking a question. I remained back aganist my chair, "That bedroom doesn't have a bathroom. There isn't any other suitable rooms for a lady such as yourself." She nodded, still looking away, and sipping her cup of tea. Truth be told, I didn't want her any farther away from my quarters.

I finished my cup and she offered to pour some more for me. I declined politely. She sat back down and contiuned with her cup. "I decided we will be seeing "Die Zauberlföte" next week." A sort of smile crossed her lips, "sounds lovely" she responded. "Very well, we leave Tuesday morning." I replied. She nodded and placed the empty tea cup onto the saucer. I watched her as she finished the dessert. We both rose and I lead her to her room. We bid each other good night before Sebastain found me outside her room. "My Lord," Sebastian began, his crimson eyes glowing. "Your soul is growing weaker every minute you are with that girl." I gritted my teeth at him. The demon chuckled back, "If I were you, young master, I would do my best to escort the young lady elsewhere." I slapped him. "You damm demon." Sebastain turned back around with a red mark clear as day in this dark hallway across his face. He chuckled and we walked to my bedroom to retire for the night.