Period- Mileven

School is literally killing me so here's a short and shitty imagine.

**

"El?" Mike's voice comes onto the supercomm that the boys had bought for her. She sighs, leaning upwards in her bed. She had just started her period, the process had to be explained to her by none other than Joyce Byers.

It was insanely awkward this morning when El had to ask Hopper to wash her sheets that were stained with blood.

Hopper was understanding however, and told her to just relax for the day. Hopper bought pads for her a while ago, having learned experience from his ex-wife.

"Yes, Mike?" She softly asks, having reached across the bedside table to grab the supercomm.

"We were all thinking that we could go to the arcade today, you know, have a little fun before the summer ends?" She softly smiles at Mike's voice, appreciating his offer.

"I'd truly love to Mike, but I can't today."

"Why not?" His voice is laced with concern, his boyfriend instincts clearly kicking in.

"I'm on my period." She says quietly, slumping further into her bed. She felt so tired, and so gross.

The line goes silent for a moment, and El nearly sets the supercomm back on her bedside table.

"I'll be over in 15 minutes." His voice states, before the supercomm cuts out.

She furrows her eyebrows, but sinks into her bed, holding her stomach as the cramps begin to rip apart her stomach.
***

"El?" A soft whisper stirs Eleven in her sleep, and she opens one eye lazily. She smiles when she sees Mike crouched down beside her, his arms full.

He grins at her as she rolls over, sitting up on the bed. He took in her appearance, the messy hair, sleepy eyes, and tired smile. It still stunned Mike that she could look so naturally beautiful.

"I-I bought you some stuff that I hope helps. With your... period." She smiles at him, watching as he sets the items down on the bed.

"I got you some tampons— I didn't know what size so I hope these are good— I also got you lots of chocolate, some books to read when you're bored, and some movies we can watch."

Eleven feels her heart nearly explode. She grins toothily at Mike, who hands her a piece of the chocolate. She bites into it, welcoming the soft and comforting taste into her mouth.

She scoots over on the bed, offering space to him. He sits next to her, wrapping an arm around her waist. He buries his head in her shoulder, gently kissing it occasionally.

"Thank you, Mike." She whispers, already feeling better by his presence alone. He grins into her shoulder, kissing her jawline lovingly.

"Of course, El."
***

I was planning on being— you know, a good writer— and continuing Lunatic With a Bit Of Heart but I've been so busy with school and other stuff that I barely have time to write currently. I hope you can understand ❤️

I love soft Mileven ☺️

Word count: 447