Dangerous- Fillie AU~ Part 7

This chapter is a bit longer than usual, but oh well 🤷🏼‍♀️

WARNING: slight smut (I guess you could call it that)

**

"Sir? Are you okay?" Sadie asks, rushing to Finn as soon as he enters the safe house. He nods, and Millie clutches his hand tightly. "Can you explain what happened? Security rushed us to the safe house, but never explained why. And why are you all covered in dust and dirt?" Sadie rambles on, and Caleb places a hand on her shoulder.

"Sartorious bombed the building. He got away." Finn replies, the words feel like poison on his tongue.

"He-He bombed?" She trials off, words beginning to fail her. He nods, ashamed that he, their boss, couldn't protect the building that they all had worked so hard on.

"That son of a bitch. I'm going to kill him." Her voice rises angrily, as Caleb wraps an arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer to him. "Don't worry, we'll do that eventually. For now, we need to focus on making sure we can expose him to the public." Caleb states, glancing at Finn who nods.

"That's probably best. We can get him and his workers locked up for good." Millie stares closely at Finn, admiring his face. How did he manage to look so good even covered in soot?

"Princess?" He asks, noticing her dreamy stare. She blushes, looking down at her dirty shoes. "S-Sorry."

"So... are you guys a thing yet?" Caleb asks, nonchalantly. Millie snaps her eyes to Caleb, feeling her cheeks heat up even more. "What?" Finn asks, not sure if he heard Caleb's words correctly.

"I asked, are you guys a thing yet?" He repeats, smirking lightly at their reaction.

"I-I..." Millie trails off, biting her lip while glancing at Finn nervously.

"I wouldn't mind it." Finn mumbles, and Millie smiles slightly.

"Then yes. We are a thing." Millie grins, intertwining their hands together, as sparks erupt inside of their stomachs.
***

"Mr. Harbour, please, I'm telling you the truth!" Finn explains, angrily standing up from the chair across from the mayor.

"Finn. I trust you, I really do. But these are dark times, where the truth can easily be tampered with, even by someone you trust. I need EVIDENCE. Physical evidence." David stares at the young man who he knew was under so much pressure.

"Listen, kid." He starts, leaning a bit closer to Finn from across the desk. "I'm not a kid anymore. I'm 23, and I think after all I've done, I deserve to not be treated as one." Finn states, clenching his fist, trying to stay calm.

"I know. Listen. I remember from how you were when you were 16. You were reckless, but you were a creative thinker. You haven't changed. You continue to take huge risks, some that could even kill you. Everyone knows that, so you aren't seen as very trustworthy to the public eye. And knowing that, you expect them to believe that Sartorious Inc. is selling weapons the criminals, from only your word?"

Finn purses his lips, he had to admit, he had a point. "But I know Sartorious. The real one. And he's building weapons that have nuclear advancements, and some things that I've never even heard of. If they don't believe me, they will be putting their own lives at risk."

"You want to protect the people?" Mr. Harbour starts, standing up from his desk as well. He walks to his office door, hand placed on the door handle.

Finn nods, turning his body to face the older man.

"Then get me evidence." He states, opening the door and gesturing for Finn to exit.
***

The agents of Wolfhard Industries sit nervously in their seats. They had been called to a meeting by Mr. Wolfhard, who had important news to share. Millie fidgets anxiously in her seat. Him saying he had news, judging from how everyone else was behaving, was normally not a good thing.