Too Late- Mileven~ Part 2

"Now... tell me. Where is Eleven?" The voice softly asks, in a voice too calm. Mike stares into Dr. Brenner's soulless eyes. "I will NEVER tell you." He spits, and Dr. Brenner smiles coldly. "Then you will be punished." He states, and yanks Mike by the arm. He pulls him down the hall, ignoring Mike's attempts to free himself from his crushing grip. Mike suddenly feels a strike of realisation. El had to face this pain her whole life.

Mike is pulled into a big room, that was very intimidating. Scientists walked around, muttering quietly to each other. Mike usually admired scientists, but this time he felt hatred towards them. Brenner forces him into a closet, and throws him a wet suit. "Put it on." He demands, turning around as he waits for Mike to change into the suit. Mike reluctantly does so, not wanting to know what will happen if he doesn't listen.

"Done." Mike mumbles, setting down his dirty clothes. Brenner gives him a curt nod, before yanking him back into the room full of scientists. His eyes fall on a huge structure, filled with an eerie coloured water. Mike swallows harshly. That wasn't normal water.

He is guided up the stairs and towards the top of the tank. Brenner comes to a halt, and Mike nervously looks down at the opening to the tank. Brenner turns around, and kneels down to reach Mike's height. "You will see things. Amazing things, and I need you to trust me." Brenner instructs, eyes staring deep into Mike's.

"TRUST you?" Mike sputters. "Why would I ever trust you?" He yells. Brenner doesn't say anything but only slips a helmet on Mike's head. Mike lets out yells of complains, and Brenner shows no signs of notice. They drag him onto a platform, and they push a red button. Mike's hands find their way to the handles as he feels the platform begin to lower into the water.

"Get off." Even underwater, Mike can still clearly hear Brenner's cruel voice. He does as told, and the platform begins to rise back up. Mike stares blankly out of the tank, and soon Brenner's face is seen. He locks eyes, and Brenner pushes a button, and Mike feels himself slip out of consciousness.
~~
Mike opens his eyes, expecting to be greeted with the sight of Brenner, who he supposed would be grinning evilly at him. But instead he is greeted with the sight of emptiness. He feels a slight rush of water against his bare feet, and looks down to see water.

The water is thin, almost as if it was upon a surface. He looks around, scanning for any sign of life. He shuts his eyes, trying to escape whatever he was in.

"Mike?" A voice calls out, and he quickly opens his eyes, turning around to see El. "Eleven?" He yells, and she runs to him, and he smiles for the first time in a while. His hand touches hers, and he feels a wisp or air against his hand. He looks down, and sees her slowly fade into nothingness.

"El?!" He yells, and is greeted with silence. "ELEVEN?!" Nothing.

He lets out a strangled sob, and looks around, hoping El was just hiding. No sign of life.

He feels more and more tears slip down his face. "EL WHERE ARE YOU?!" He screams, sobbing.

He then feels himself pulled back into reality. He opens his eyes and sees himself on the surface above the tank. His helmet is next to him, and his wet suit is damp. "We didn't even need to show you the creature. You really care for her. It would be a shame if something were to... happen to her." Brenner smirks.

Mike breathes heavily, not daring to look away. "If you lay a single finger on her, I will kill you." Mike threatens. Brenner shakes his head disappointed. "You see, you are not in a place of threats." He says, giving him a hospital gown. Mike shakes his head, refusing the gown. "Fine. Get him his clothes in the closet." He instructs one of the scientists near him. They nod, leaving.