Colors of You (Purple)- Fillie

Does anyone have any tips on how to tell if your crush likes you back??

Last part of this 🤧

You guys deserve a happy one since the last one was so depressing.

**

Purple.

The color of the large Ferris wheel that he guides me to. The purple lights illuminate down to the fair grounds. He pulls me towards the line of people waiting onto ride the biggest attraction.

We're towards the back of the long line, and Finn sighs heavily. "I knew we should have come sooner." He says to me, wrapping an arm around my waist.

He wears a deep purple sweater, black jeans, and his classic vans. My light purple dress collides with his hip gently, as he leans slightly against me.

"I know, babe." I rub his shoulder, and he places a gentle kiss upon my neck, sending a slight shiver down my spine.

"Babe, are you cold?" He asks, and I quickly shake my head.

"But you just shivered?" He leans off me, looking down at me curiously.

"I'm fine babe." I know he worries a lot for me, but I can take care of myself too. He stares at me, watching me closely.

He then takes off his deep purple sweater, and hands it to me. I roll my eyes, but take it anyways. "I like it when you wear my clothes." He shrugs, and I feel my cheeks heat up.

Even after 4 years of dating the goofball, his cheesy and romantic words still make me blush like I did in high school. I still remember the day he asked me out, in the most dorky way possible.

A long trail of purple roses meet my vision, as I stop in my tracks. My friends stop too, looking at the strange sight. Purple roses aren't easy to find, so why would there be such a large trail of them? My eyes then fall upon a piece of notebook paper at the beginning of the trail.

I walked to it, bent down, and picked it up, carefully unfolding it. "Dear Millie, follow the trail of these purple flowers. I have a message for you. Sincerely, your secret admirer." I read quietly to myself.

I bite my lip, and stand back up. "It's for me. You guys can go on." I say to my friends, who furrow their eyebrows at me.

"You really want to be alone?" One of my friends, Sadie, asks. I nod, smiling softly at them. "Go on." I say, and they shrug, walking off to the library that we were going to study at.

I begin to walk along the pathway of the purple roses. The path was decently simple, with few turns.

A few moments into the walk, I see the roses begin to lessen. The trail then changes to a few lit candles.

An opening between the small forest not far from the library is illuminated in the evening darkness by the 8 candles. There, standing in a purple polo shirt, with dark jeans, and vans, is Finn. The lighting captures his attractive features.

His brown eyes are rested upon mine, as his curly hair lays sprawled across his forehead. He nervously smiles at me, holding a bouquet of the same purple roses in his hands.

"Hey, Finn. What's all of this for?" I ask, and he takes a few steps closer to me.

"I-I wanna know if you would like to maybe go out with me? I mean y-you don't have to, d-don't feel like you have to." He stutters, a blush growing on his cheeks, making his cheekbones more prominent.

"I'd love to, dork." I laugh.

And while we had been through bumps in our relationship, such as fights and anger issues, I couldn't be more grateful for our relationship.

Everything about him had me falling harder for him. The way his curly hair looked against his face in the early mornings. The way his brown eyes brightened when I complimented him. The way he got excited when his favorite vintage sons came on. The way he pretended to be upset when I stole his clothes. And even the way he pouted when I had to leave our cuddling sessions.

The sweater feels warm against my skin, making me suddenly realize that I was in fact cold.

"I'm glad we decided to go to the fair." I say, leaning my head against his shoulder. He nods against me, and I inhale his intoxicating scent.

This boy is my world.
***

"Babe, it's our turn!" Finn's voice cracks slightly, excitement laced in every word. I giggle, and he takes my hand gently. He sits me down next to him, and the worker sets everything in place.

After a few moments of going up, to allow other people to get on, we being the ride.

I can feel Finn's nerves, and I grab his hand comfortingly. "You nervous?" I ask, and he shakes his head. I purse my lips, but he doesn't say anything else.

Something's not right. I know him too well to believe that he's fine. But I also know not to force him to answer.

He leans his head against my shoulder, burying his face into the crook of my neck. I smile, running a hand through his thick curls. Our hands remain interlocked, however.

The purple lights are everywhere in the fair. It illuminates the large body of water that the Ferris wheel rests next to. The city can be seen well from the height, and the city lights gleam upon the area.

After a few moments of silent riding, Finn turns to me. "M-Millie?"

"Yeah, Finn?" I ask, turning to face him slightly. He stuffs his hand into the pocket of his jeans, and pulls out a black velvet box.

I feel the breath get knocked out of me.

His eyes are glistening with worry, as I feel tears form in mine.

"Millie, from the day I asked you out, I knew I was feeling something different with you. I was so surprised that you actually agreed to go out with me. But you took a chance on me, the geeky boy who always wore purple. And as our relationship grew more and more, I fell more and more in love with you. I know from the bottom of my heart that you are the girl for me, and I only want to be with you. Forever. So, Millie Bobby Brown... will you marry me?"

His eyes are sparkling with tears, as I feel my tears slip down my face.

"A thousand times yes!" I choke out, as a sob escapes my throat. He cries as he takes out the silver ring with a large purple amethyst within it. It glimmers in the city lights, and he slips it gently onto my ring finger.

He then places a passionate kiss on my lips, which I eagerly return. I pull away, and we rest our foreheads against each other's.

I fell in love with the boy who wore purple everyday. The dorky, lovable, geeky, adorable, and loving boy.

"I love every color of you." He whispers to me, as the Ferris wheel slows to a stop.
***

Ending this mini series with some trashy writing 🎉🎉

Thank you guys again for 20k ❤️

Word count: 1171