Miraculous Ladybug: 41

Marinette had decided to wait till lunchtime to ask Adrien. When that time came, and the bell rang, she quickly walked up to him.

"Hey guys," she smiled at Nino and Alya, who were still, unfortunately, asking for details on the two dates they had had.

"Hey Marinette," Alya waved, walking beside Nino as the four of them made their way to the cafeteria. "I kinda wanted to talk to you guys about Lucas..."

"Same," Marinette said. "Don't you think it's kinda weird that he would disappear all of a sudden?"

"I don't think he left Paris," Nino shrugged as he sat down. "Do you think he's still sick?"

"Haven't you seen the poster Sabrina has been putting up?" Marinette asked. "She's really worried and I am too. Lucas wouldn't just disappear like that..."

"Which is why I don't think he disappeared," Adrien replied. "He wouldn't and he didn't. I think there is something wrong with him. He must be doing something bad. He must be hiding."

"Hiding?" Alya frowned at him. "Adrien, you are a smart kid, but what would Lucas be hiding from? His own shadows?" She laughed, but Adrien didn't find it quite funny.

"Of something, I'm not so sure yet," he said. "But I still don't feel so good about him."

Suddenly Lucas appeared out of nowhere. It was when Sabrina yelled "Lucas!!" that they looked back at the cafeteria door.

There was Lucas. He was sweating all over, and it took him by surprise when Sabrina gave him a hug.

"Where were you?"

Lucas didn't answer. Instead, he looked at their way, especially Marinette, but then looked away, walking to sit down with Sabrina.

"Did you see that look?" Nino asked. "It was like he wanted to murder us on the spot."

"That's why I don't feel very good about him," Adrien answered, turning back to his food. "He hates us. He despises us."

"But... What did we do to him?" Marinette asked. "After he was Vex, we were on good terms."

"Or were we?" Alya folded her arms. "We didn't exactly agree that Lucas was safe. I mean, we kinda all forgot about him when Dark Butterfly showed up."

"That's true." Marinette sighed as she looked down. "I want to investigate this. Let's find out what's wrong with him."

"Okay," they all agreed as they nodded.

"After school, let's head over to my place and we'll talk about it," Marinette suggested. The others nodded again.

-

It was after school. The four friends were walking to the Dupain-Cheng bakery. Marinette opened the door for them and let them in.

"I'll bring in cookies," she said heading to the kitchen as the others headed up to Marinette's room.

Soon Marinette walked inside her room, holding the cookies in a tray. She put it down on her desk.

Alya grabbed the remote to the tv. "Let's see what's on," she said. "Oo, Nadja Chamackh is spreading some news. Wonder what it is this time."

They each grabbed a cookie, as they sat down to listen to the news. The news was quite shocking, too shocking to believe.

"Gabriel Agreste has escaped jail with another prisoner, Matthew. It was rumoured that someone had set them free. Who set them free?...

No one knows..."

------------

You didn't actually think Gabriel was going to be in jail forever without doing anything, or trying to escape, now did you? Of course, he was going to try to escape, and he's got a new helper, Matthew.

Who set them free... No one knows. Do you know?

End of A Sudden Situation
What a Cliffhanger
Next book:
A Sudden Return...

End of A Sudden SituationWhat a CliffhangerNext book:A Sudden Return