Miraculous Ladybug: 39

Marinette took a lick of her ice cream as she and Adrien walked side by side to the Dupain-Cheng bakery.

It was 10: 00 pm. They had their date a little bit longer than they had expected, and their last place to go was the best ice cream place.

Well, that was fun. Adrien looked down at Marinette, who hadn't said anything yet as she continued to lick her ice cream in silence.

"When would you like to have the next date?" He didn't believe those words actually escaped his lips, but they did.

Marinette turned to him in surprise. They were outside of the Dupain-Cheng bakery now, and her face was in the tomato situation as always.

"Uh... Maybe next week?" It was more of a question, but Adrien nodded. He then suddenly remembered something that Nino had told him.

Remember to kiss her goodnight.

He gave her a quick kiss at the corner of her mouth, saying a quick "bye" before he turned and started walking away.

-

"Sabrina, what's got you so sad?" Chloe sat down beside her, looking at her with worry. This time with real worry.

"It's Lucas. I can't find him."

"Why do you care about him anyway?" Chloe looked away. I apologized to him but he was completely rude about it. I kinda hate him now, and I don't think he's good for Sabrina.

"I do. I don't know why, but I just do," Sabrina sighed. "I know he's been a villain, but I believe he's changed, and I know one day he's going to forgive his enemies."

"Including me?" Chloe rolled her eyes. "I doubt it. He's a cold-hearted figure."

"You just don't get me!" Sabrina stood up, walking outside. "I'm going to try looking for him again." Seriously he couldn't have gone that far, could he? He didn't leave Paris, right?

Sabrina walked away from Chloe, the blonde deciding not to help her look for her. Why bother looking for a boy that didn't even care if she died?

-

The next week, after Adrienette's date, Lucas still hadn't come back to school. Sabrina was beginning to get worried, but Chloe time her not to worry about it.

Adrien entered class, with Marinette. Nino and Alya were both waiting for them to spill what had happened.

"Remember, the last time you didn't tell us anything," Nino said, folding his arms. "It's time!"

Adrien took his seat. "Nah, we're still waiting for you and Alya."

"Why? For what?"

"Dude, you don't know? Stephanie and Alya were fighting for you. Didn't you know?"

Nino looked away. "Ugh, fine. I'll ask her, now spill."

"No," Adrien looked at the front as the teacher walked in. "You would have to ask her first."

That's when he noticed Sabrina looking upset. Chloe was trying to cheer her up and was telling her everything was going to go okay.

"What's wrong?" He decided to ask. The girls looked at him, then Sabrina looked away.

"Lucas is missing," Chloe answered. "Haven't you noticed how he hadn't been to school?" And that's weird because he left right after I apologized. Was he mad at me?

"Hmm, Lucas is missing? When was the last time you saw him?" Adrien asked, finding it strange as well that the boy would go missing all of a sudden.

"Um..." Chloe didn't want to answer. She thought Adrien was going to start blaming her again, and even though she knew Adrien would never like her again, she didn't want him to hate her either.

"Alright, let's begin class." Chloe was saved by the teacher, and she turned to face the front.

"What were you two talking about?" Nino whispered to him.

"Lucas," Adrien whispered back. "He's missing."

"Adrien, Nino, I am teaching the class, not you," the teacher quickly caught them. "If you have anything to say to the class, then do that now."

"Actually there is something I want to ask the class," Adrien stood up. "Um... Have you guys seen Lucas?"

"Skipping school?" Kim suggested.

"I..." That did make a little sense to Adrien. Even if Lucas used to be a nerd at his old schools he wasn't much of a nerd now after his experience of being a villain.

"He could probably be sick," Max explained. "You know, probably chicken pox?"

Sabrina turned to him. "Yeah, that could be. Besides, why would Lucas want to skip school?" She glared at Kim.

"Just a suggestion," Kim shrugged.

"Alright class, let's focus now. Thank you, Adrien, for worrying about one of your classmates, but I'm sure there's an explanation as to why he isn't here."

Adrien nodded and sat back down. He was still frowning. Something was telling him that something was wrong. He didn't think Lucas had chickenpox or a sickness.

Something told him Lucas was up to something no good.

- Edited -