Miraculous Ladybug: 9

"Marinette, why are you here?" Master Fu looked up to see the girl panting hard from the running. "Anything the matter?"

"I..." Marinette sat down. "I'm worried. It's about Stephanie."

"What happened to her?" Master Fu quickly asked, feeling worried as well.

"It's not what happened to her, it's what she did," Marinette explained. "It's just that she lied about something, and I wanna know why."

Master Fu took a few minutes to answer. "Well, nobody is perfect. She must have done what she did for a reason. Don't tell me you have never lied before." Actually, I'm not so sure about what I just said, but I hope Stephanie is alright.

"Well... I know I've lied... But it was for good cause. I was keeping my secret," Marinette said.

"You have a point, but why don't you ask Stephanie herself," Master Fu suggested. "She will tell you. She adores you."

That's right. "Alright, I'll ask her." Marinette sighed as she stood up. "Bye... And thanks." Marinette started walking out the door.

"But Marinette..." Master Fu stopped her, worried. "If there is something wrong with her, please inform me as soon as possible."

Marinette nodded. "I will," and she left.

Soon she came across Stephanie's big house. She didn't know why, but even though she had been here before, she felt a shudder, as if she was afraid of something.

She rang the doorbell, and Stephanie answered the door. She was a little surprised to see Marinette, but then a huge smile came on her face.

"Marinette, you're here. Honestly I was so bored, but since you're here, we can hang..."

"I just want to talk," Marinette interrupted, looking down. "It's about something important. And I want the truth."

"What is it, Marinette?" Stephanie asked. "You want to come in?"

"No thanks. I won't stay for long," Marinette replied, finally looking at her face. "It's going to be quick."

"I... Okay," Stephanie was confused about all this. She'd never seen Marinette so serious.

"In class today, I just want to know why you lied about Nino," Marinette finally said after a few seconds of silence.

Stephanie froze. That's why she came here! Gosh, and I thought it was serious. Marinette, why do you even want to know?

"Why do you care?"

"What do you mean why do I care?! Nino is my friend!" Marinette tried to stop herself from yelling. "It's just... I want to know why. Is it true that you were really trying to get Adrien alone?"

In her mind, she was hoping it wasn't true at all that Stephanie had tried to get Adrien and her alone, but really... What other explanation could there be?

"What?! No, it's not him!" Stephanie replied. "As a matter of fact, I like someone else, so don't even get that idea."

Marinette sighed in relief. "Alright, but can you tell me why?"

"No," she said it so quickly that Marinette was sure something was wrong.

"Why not?"

"Because I don't want to!"

"But Stephanie, aren't we friends? Why won't you tell me what it is?"

"Why do I have to tell you?! Can't I have a little secret of mine that I want to keep? Just because we're friends doesn't mean I have to tell you everything!"

Marinette backed away. "But..."

"But nothing!" Stephanie growled. She tried to calm down, otherwise her voice would change and Marinette would know something was wrong with her.

"Alright then, whatever. Don't tell me." Marinette turned around to leave.

She's definitely hiding something! I have to tell Adrien so that we can work it out on what's going on.

But it can't possibly be possible that she's bad, can it? I mean she's a superhero.

Come one, Stephanie, what are you hiding from me?

- Edited -