Miraculous Ladybug: 20

How can he not totally care?! I'm his son, and I'm still alive. Mom isn't, but still, it seems like she's the only one he cares about. He spends most of his time talking to her portrait. I wish he would just move on!

Adrien sighed and rolled over on his bed. Doesn't he understand that this is hard for me too, yet I try my best to make new friends? Doesn't he understand that it's what he's supposed to do as well? I absolutely hate him!

Adrien rolled around again. Am I a bad boy for moving on from Mom? Is it a bad thing to do?

Adrien thought over his father's words, the words hitting him hard again. You don't have to care about me! You just make everything worse.

Adrien rolled himself a ball, the tears streaming down his face and down on the bed. Did he really care this much?

"Hello Mr. Agreste," he suddenly heard. It was the voice he would never mistaken for another. The voice he had been longing to hear, to comfort him.

Marinette?

"Is Adrien at home? I thought maybe we could hang out today."

"Adrien is busy and will not be able to come out and hang out." Again Adrien heard his father's cold words. What was he busy with anyway? Gabriel just didn't want to let him out.

"Oh okay, if he's done, can you tell me?"

No Marinette. Don't go...

"I can't do that. Adrien will be busy all day and will not be able to see you."

"I... Okay, I'm sorry I asked."

Adrien heard the door closing, and then footsteps walking towards him. He chose not to look at his father when he came in. His cold, bold voice spoke.

"Adrien, you will be staying in here the whole day. I need you to be in your room, not having you running off.

"As if you care..."

"What was that?!" Gabriel yelled. "Listen, I have way more important things to worry about. If you do leave this room, you will regret it!" The door slammed shut.

Mom, if you were here, would he still act like this?

-

"I just wanted to hang out with him so we could talk about Hawk Moth. Who knew he would be so busy," Marinette sighed, remaking her hair.

"Was it really because of Hawk Moth?" Tikki asked as she nibbled on a cookie.

"Well I mean..." Marinette didn't say anything for a while. She then suddenly heard her name.

"MARINETTE!"

She whirled around. "Who is it? Mom?"

"Marinette, come quick! Something has happened to Alya! It's an emergency!"

Marinette shrieked, then got out of her room quicker than she had ever. She followed her mom outside.

"What happened?!" She asked. She was scared of what would come next.

"Alya fainted on the streets," her Mom explained as she raced to where the incident had happened, Marinette following her. "They say someone knocked her out with something hard."

"What?! Who would do that to Alya?" Marinette yelled. Sabine suddenly stopped and pointed. "There she is."

Marinette looked, and sure enough, there was her best friend lying on the streets. People tried to help her up, some others called an ambulance.

Marinette dashed to Alya. Her eyes were shut, blood dropped down her head.

Who could do this?! I swear whoever it is, I won't let them off that easily.

"I saw the person," someone came behind and spoke. "I didn't exactly see the face, but I could tell it was a girl. The girl with her with a metal stick until she passed out."

Marinette sniffed, the tears dripping down. "Ugh!" Who want to hit Alya?! She's a nice, sweet girl. Who could possibly hate her so much?!

Whoever you are, I just want to tell you... That you're going to PAY!