Miraculous Ladybug: 18

Hawk Moth landed somewhere with a thud. He groaned as he slowly got up, his back hurting.

Ugh! I was so close. I had my hands on the precious earrings. It was just that Cat Noir and that... That man! Who was him anyways?!

I might not know his name, but I'm sure he's the holder of the miraculous. The way he defeated me so easily, it wasn't that hard to figure out.

But while he was defeating me, I was so busy on how my butterflies were fading, that I didn't get to see his face a bit more. I forgot how he looks like!

Hawk Moth slumped back on his knees and looked around, seeing that he was back at his own lair. All his butterflies surrounded him, each having the same face of what are we going to do now?

"Don't worry, my dear precious butterflies. They won't get away with what they did!" Hawk Moth promised. But the thought of him failing to bring Ladybug's miraculous, even with how close he was, brought him down.

"I... I just..." He sniffed, then touched his lower part of his eyes. He felt that part wet, but he chose not to believe it.

"Master, you're... Crying?" Nooroo looked at him, confused.

Hawk Moth wiped them away, the thought of losing still in his head, but then he looked around.

These tears... Make me want to destroy those superheroes even more!

-

"What happened to her? Is she okay?" Cat Noir asked as he rushed to Ladybug, who was still on the floor, groaning.

"Yes she's fine," Master Fu said, walking towards Ladybug as well. "She's just lost some strength, that's all."

"A lot of strength, you mean," Cat Noir corrected.

"Just bring her over to my place and I can heal her and bring back her strength," Master Fu explained as Cat Noir carried her off the floor.

Cat Noir nodded and hurried after Master Fu.

-

Ugh! The twitching, it stopped.

Alya had been twitching recently, something in her mind told her something was wrong, but she couldn't guess what. Nino had told her that it was happening to him as well. None of them knew what it was.

"Why don't we go pay Marinette a visit," Alya suggested. "She's a superhero as well, maybe it's happening to her also?"

"You think it's only happening to superheroes?" Nino asked, following Alya out the door. Alya nodded.

Soon they came face to face with the bakery's door, and Nino knocked on it.

Sabine opened it, with a worried face.

"What's wrong, Mrs. Dupain-Cheng?" Slay asked, noticing her face.

"It's Marinette. We sent her a text two hours ago, telling her to come home, but she didn't reply," Sabine answered. "We thought she might have been with you, but it doesn't seems like it now."

"No, she's not with us," Nino replied. "In fact we were coming to see her, but it's okay Mrs. Dupain-Cheng. We'll find her."

"Thank you," Sabine changed her worried face to a smile. "Marinette has got good friends."

The both nodded as she closed the door. Alya turned to Nino. "What now?"

"Well, I have an idea," Nino snapped his fingers. "She might be with Adrien."

"But it isn't like Marinette to not text her parents a reply when her parents tell her to come home," Alya shrugged. "But sure, we can try Adrien."

The both of them started walking, finally reaching their destination. They looked up the stairs to Adrien's place.

"Let's just hope his father would want us in," Nino said as they walked up the stairs.

"Hey, if Marinette is really in there, then he wouldn't mind us," Alya answered, knocking on the door. Then she realized something. "The door is opened."

"Huh, it's not like the Agrestes to leave their door open," Nino shook his head. He then opened the door a bit and let out a "hello..."

No answer.

"Hello..." He tried again. Soon Alya joined him, but no one answered them back. There was no Adrien to come and see them at the door. There was no Gabriel to chase them away. There was no noise.

There was only silence.

Alya stepped a good inside. This is weird. What happened here? It's awfully quiet.

"Maybe no one is home," Nino suggested as he followed Alya inside.

"And leave their door opened?" Alya replied, "I don't think so."

They walked up the stairs, and gasped at a sight that shocked them.

"Did someone break in?" Nino asked, staring at the huge mess at Gabriel's room. The door leading to the room was wide opened, in fact broken. The inside of the room was even worse. It was all messy.

"Something definitely happened here," Alya said, stepping inside. "And I have a feeling Marinette was part of it.

-

Ladybug woke up, only to see she wasn't Ladybug anymore. She had transformed back to Marinette, but she didn't remember ever doing that.

She remembered trying to fight Hawk Moth off when he was hurting Adrien. She remembered how Hawk Moth had made her weak to steal her miraculous. Had he been successful?

She then stared into two eyes that were staring back at her. She got up.

"Cat Noir, what happened?"

"You were in danger. Hawk Moth was so close to getting ahold of your miraculous," Cat Noir explained. "But luckily me and Master Fu came in time and stopped him, although not for good. I bet he's plotting something and against us."

I can't believe Hawk Moth was that close. So Adrien had not only gone away to transform, but to also call Master Fu for help.

"Marinette, you have to be more careful," Master Fu spoke. "If we hadn't come in time, it would have been over for you."

"I know, and I'm sorry," Marinette sighed.

"It's not your fault. Hawk Moth is just too powerful," Master Fu replied. "I didn't think you two would come face to face with him. How did you see him anyway, Cat Noir?"

"I saw him in my father's room, I wanted to stop him before he did something bad to my father," Cat Noir said, looking g down. "I know me and my father aren't exactly on good terms, but I still care. We have to go find him soon. I feel like Hawk Moth did something to him."

"It's okay, Cat Noir, we'll find him," Marinette promised. "Besides, what would Hawk Moth want with your father?"

"I've still got a bad feeling about this," Cat Noir said. "I've got a feeling we're missing something here!"