Miraculous Ladybug: 22

"Why did you ask me to come here, Marinette?" Stephanie asked as she sat down on a bench.

"You do know Alya's in pain right?" Marinette asked, folding her arms.

"Yeah, I do," Stephanie answered. "I'm sorry, I didn't come because I was too busy with stuff. I'm telling the truth Marinette, I would never lie to you."

Grr, Alya! Why is it that so many people care about you?! I will destroy you, you'll see. I can't wait to see and watch you go down!

Marinette eyed Stephanie up and down. The girl smiled, still saying she was telling the truth. Then she finally got an idea.

"Alya and Nino started dating, you know, before the whole Alya thing happened."

"What?!" Stephanie quickly stood up, yelling. People around them looked at her like, girl calm down!

"Yeah, isn't that so good. I'm so happy for them," Marinette cooed. "After Alya gets out from the hospital, Nino is probably going to ask her to be his girlfriend. Isn't that so cute?"

"Alya, I will destroy you!!"

"I'm sorry what as that?!" Marinette shrieked. Stephanie flinched, knowing she had said that out loud, in front of Marinette. She took off before Marinette could ask any other questions.

Marinette looked hurt. She had hoped it hadn't been her, but hearing her say those words made her angry and upset at the same time. She got out her phone.

Marinette - Adrien, it was Stephanie...

-

"Marinette, a certain man wants to meet you," Tom said as soon as Marinette's walked inside her bakery. "Come to the living room."

Marinette followed her Dad to the living room. There sat a man, talking to Sabine.

I know him! He was the one who told me it was a girl that had knocked Alya out. Is he here to give me more informations?

"Hey," Marinette sat down.

"Marinette, meet Chris, and yes, he was there at the incident of Alya's," Mom said, knowing exactly what she was thinking. "Chris, I'm going to hand it to you now."

"Thank you Sabine," Chris smiled at the lady, then turned to Marinette. "I really don't know who Alya is, but I can tell that she is a very important person to you."

Marinette nodded, waiting patiently.

"Sorry, I didn't give you enough information yesterday," Chris continued. "The girl that knocked Alya out... I saw a bit of her hair... I know she had blonde hair."

Blonde hair? But Stephanie doesn't have blonde hair, hers is black. Could it really be possible it was Chloe?

"I watched as that blonde girl quickly ran off, and I followed her. Turns out she was meeting five other girls at the Eiffel tower."

What? Now Marinette was confused. But when I got there, he was there, beside Alya. How could he have had the chance to follow Chloe to the Eiffel tower and back? And five other girls? Who could they be?

"Thank you for these informations, Chris," Marinette replied. "Yes, these informations will be very helpful. Thanks a lot. You make things easier."

I swear I you just made a lot of things harder for me!

"I'm quite pleased to help," Chris said, standing up from the couch. "Now, if there's nothing else, I will be leaving."

"Wait!" Marinette stood up as well. "I want to know if you got the names of the five girls the blonde girl was meeting."

"Well, you might not know her, but I did hear this name, Alix..."

What?! Alix is in my class. What is this man trying to tell me? And I thought he was going to say Stephanie.

"Oh really," Marinette continued with her act. "Do you know her?"

"No, I do not, but I swear I did hear that name come out of the blonde's mouth," Chris said.

"And how long did it take you to spy on them?"

Chris sat back down. "I didn't stay for long, it was probably two minutes before I went back to Alya. A lot of people had crowded around her as well, and were calling the ambulance."

None of this makes sense, but I have a feeling this guy is lying to me! But why? I hardly know him.

"Alright, I'll be going. Hope you got enough information, Marinette."

"Why thank you, Chris," Tom quickly stood up. "I'll walk you out."

"Marinette, isn't he such a nice guy?" Sabine asked, when Tom and Chris had left the room.

"Yeah, he sure is..."

Chris left the bakery, hurrying away from it.

Real smooth, Chris. Real smooth...

Thank you Hawk Moth...