Miraculous Ladybug: 15

"Will you be staying, Cat Noir?" Marinette asked. "Stephanie is coming over."

"Stephanie?" Cat Noir frowned. "I thought we were done with her... You know after we realized she was akumatized by Hawk Moth."

"Well, I haven't really talked it over with Master Fu," Marinette shrugged. He told me if there was anything wrong with Stephanie, that I should tell him quickly, but I haven't told him yet.

Well, does it really matter? I mean, sure she got akumatized, but she's okay now, and it's not a worry anymore, so yeah, it doesn't really matter. Master Fu doesn't have to know.

"No, I'll be leaving," Cat Noir huffed, walking towards her balcony.

"Why won't you stay?" Marinette asked, then she gasped. "Do you hate Stephanie?"

"I don't hate her!" Cat Noir exclaimed quickly. "It's just that... I don't think she deserves to be a superhero."

"Why are you acting as if you haven't been under Hawk Moth's spell yet?" Marinette laughed.

"Shut up," Cat Noir sighed. "I just... I don't like how she's on our team. I mean, a girl that easily gets akumatized... Don't you think it's a bit risky?"

Marinette looked at him, realizing he was right, but then she asked, "so if someone else had a crush on your crush, you wouldn't get jealous?"

"What?! Why are you asking me that?" Cat Noir folded his arms across his chest. "Of course I would get jealous, but then I would calm down and Hawk Moth wouldn't get to me."

"Sure," Marinette rolled her eyes. "So, are you really leaving? I mean, I sort of understand why you hate Stephanie, but I don't think that's the full reason."

How can you see through me, Marinette?

"Stephanie isn't a bad person. Remember, she's Master Fu's granddaughter, and she's known about the miraculous longer than we have," Marinette reminded. "Don't hate on her."

No wonder she likes you, Marinette. You're always talking good about her.

"So are you trying to tell me that even though Chloe is a superhero, that she's not a bad person?"

Marinette froze at the question. "W... Well, I don't... I don't know."

"Look, it doesn't matter if Stephanie is a superhero or not, what matters is that she can betray us, so we need to keep close eyes on her," Cat Noir said matter of fact. "I'm never wrong when I say someone is bad... Remember Vex?... How I said that Lucas was Vex, but you didn't seem to believe me back then."

"Well, maybe you're making a mistake about Stephanie," Marinette said.

"Maybe you're the one making a mistake on her," Cat Noir replied. "What would you do if you knew I was right at the end? Marinette, what if when you figure how bad Stephanie is, it's already too late? She might even be telling Hawk Moth right now our secrets."

Marinette glared at him. "If she was doing that, then why didn't she do it long ago? Remember, she knows more than us..."

"And she could also take advantage of that!"

"What I'm trying to say it... Master Fu trusts her, so why can't we?"

Chat Noir sighed. This was the first time they'd have a fight over a girl, he realized. He didn't hate Stephanie, he just didn't trust her. He felt the same vibe when around her, just as he did when he was around Vex.

They heard a knock, and Stephanie walked inside Marinette's room.

"Hey Stephanie, how are you doing?"

Cat Noir listened as they talked about stuff he knew nothing about. This was why he hated Stephanie.

Ever since she came, Marinette- Ladybug- had been all over her. It was like he was getting replaced with an already akumatized superhero, and he hated it.

When the two girls weren't looking, he turned and flew off from the balcony.

-

Adrien opened the door just a little bit and peeked inside. It was quiet, which he didn't exactly expect.

Maybe they are still looking for me? And when I say they, I mean excluding my father. Why would he look for me anyway?

Adrien hurried upstairs, hoping he wouldn't run me to anyone. He just wanted to get to his room safely and fall on his bed.

While he was passing his father's room, he stopped. He had heard something shattering in pieces, and then a low angry voice.

"You'll see Natalie! I'll get to you! I'll make you my helper.

"You will never escape it!"

- Edited -