Jittery Creature

________________________________
Author's Note:
________________________________

Sorry, mini note here. It's nothing important. I just wanted to say that if I were to imagine Russel as human being, he would probably look similar the picture above. Thought you might like to know.

Anyways, let's get on with the chapter, shall we?

————————————————

•Y/N: Your Name

————————————————
Author's POV:
________________________________

————————————————Author's POV:________________________________

________________________________

Russel was silent the whole drive back to Y/N's home, shuffling slightly in his seat while staring out the window behind the cover of his sunglasses. Y/N wanted him to wear them still in case anybody in the passing cars decides to look over, and he didn't fight her on that. She is worried, however, unable to help sending him concerned glances as his claws gently kneed the fabric of his pants, careful not to poke holes in them. When, at last, they enter the driveway, she parks in the garage and turns off the engine before looking over to the alien who's lost in his head. With tender touch, she sets a hand on his, feeling the dampish texture of his skin and alerting his attention.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Russel looks down, a slight frown on his lips.

"Truthfully, I am not sure. I cannot unsee the movie, but I am better than before."

"I'll make you some tea inside." Her offer brings a ghost of a smile to his face as she unbuckles his seatbelt before her own.

"I'd like that." She smiles back and leaves the car, him following after. Once in the house, Y/N turns on the lights and sighs upon seeing the mess she had made this morning when she was searching for Russel. She really did go overboard. The alien, unbothered, has a seat on the couch as she goes to the kitchen to prepare him a cup of chamomile tea, hoping it'll help to soothe his nerves. He had expected her to sit down with him after she gave him the mug, but instead, watches her wander around the house, picking things up and wiping surfaces.

"Are you nesting, Y/N specimen?" He wonders aloud, making her stop and raise a brow at him.

"Am I what?"

"Nesting. You are cleaning very thoroughly."

"Uh, sorry. I don't know what you mean by that."

"Well, I've met many species that tend to tidy things up when they have a maternal feeling, to make their home more safe and comfortable. I see it mostly in mothers, but you do not seem to be with child... are you?" He tilts his head sharply and is surprised to hear her laughing.