Excited Shopper

•Y/N: Your Name

Your POV:

"Here, it's a to-go cup. This way you can take it with you into town." I hand the unnamed alien the cup of tea, which he grabs with both of his clawed hands before removing the lid and sniffing the liquid inside. Within a second, he downed all of it, causing me to stare out of shock.

'Oh, yeah. I forgot he does that.'

"Or not." I give a light chuckle, still not quite used to the creature's mannerisms. I then look down at the male's feet and frown slightly upon seeing them bare. "Are you sure you don't want you wear anything on your feet?" He gives a firm nod, his dull expression never changing.

"I find it uncomfortable to have them covered." Giving a silent sigh, I nod my head in understanding. I'd leave him be, knowing it wouldn't be wise to force him to wear something he didn't want to, though, hopefully, we won't get many stares. His nails are shaped into claws— similar to the ones on his hands, only much smaller, but still inhuman.

'Oh, well. Can't cover everything, I guess.' I gently take his wrist into my hand, noting that it was so thin and frail that it might as well have been made of glass. I lead the alien outside and gesture him to stand to the side as I open the garage door to get my car. Curiosity gets the better of him, though, so he approaches the vehicle to look it over with intrigue. His sharp fingers travel over the smooth, blue surface and eventually reach one of the back tires. On accident, his nails puncture it, letting air out quickly, causing the creature to jump back in fright, like it'd attack him. Meanwhile, I bring a hand to my face and withhold an irritated groan.

'Relax, he didn't know any better. Just breathe.' I take a deep breath, not wanting to get mad at the extraterrestrial.

"Don't worry, I have a spare." I pop open the trunk, surprising him again, but he thankfully stood to the side to avoid breaking anything else while watching me change the tire. His gaze then shifts to the car itself before he asks,

"What does this do?"

"This is a car. It's going to get us to town much faster than by walking. Put the sunglasses on to see if they work better for you out here," I suggest, and he nods before putting them on. I'm guessing they work for him, since he didn't complain about it being dark. When I'm done, I stand up and lead him over to the passenger seat before buckling him in. His lips twitch into a frown as he tugs at the seatbelt like he doesn't want it on.

"What is the purpose of this?"

"It's in case we crash. It will stop your body from going through the windshield." I point to the front window, feeling like a mother explaining to her child the importance of seatbelt safety. He hums and releases the strap to leave it be, but he still didn't seem to like it. I shut the door before walking around to the driver's seat and get inside before putting my own seatbelt on and starting the car. The alien nearly jumps out of his skin when it starts, and his fingers dig into the upholstery. Not wanting him to destroy the seats, I set a comforting hand on his shoulder. The creature turns to me, looking very uncomfortable, but I give him a reassuring smile.

"Don't worry. It's fine, I swear." Trusting my word, he nods his head, but remains tense in his seat while clutching tightly to the strap across his chest as I back out of the driveway. Using the remote I keep in the car, I close the garage before driving into the street and taking off. The town is only a fifteen minute drive away from the property, which might as well be in the middle of nowhere. The alien watches out the window in awe and even began to look excited when he saw people walking around. Even the buildings seemed to amaze him. I park in the lot of the grocery store before turning to the creature beside me. "All right, so, basically, this is a place where humans go to get food that they can bring home," I explain, causing the alien to tilt his head.