Adventures in Dreamland

•E/C: Eye Color
•Y/N: Your Name

Your POV:

My mouth gapes slightly, and my E/C eyes grow wide with amazement, for the sight before me is like nothing I've ever seen before. In front of me lies a field full of vividly colored flowers with a border composed of trees that tower like giants with winding branches and blue-green leaves. The tall grass that nearly reaches my knees is the exact same color as the leaves only a having a yellowish color near the tips and is soft enough to tickle my skin. Up above in the pale blue, cloudless sky are two, pinkish-orange moons, adding to the beauty of the scenery. It took my breath away, yet filled me with a mixture of wonder and calmness. My eyes close as a light gust of wind blows past me, pushing my hair back some. The E/C orbs reopen upon hearing a light hum, which startles me out of the relaxing atmosphere.

"Hoo-mans have strand-ge mind," notes a familiar, monotonous voice. I spin around to look behind me and am met with the familiar figure of the alien dressed in the clothes I had given him. His white eyes are fixated on the moons above with a soft gaze as though it had been a long time since he's seen them. My head tilts some upon realizing what he had said.

"Mind? Are we in my mind?"

His eyes fall from the sky and onto my form before approaching slowly. He stops upon reaching me before crouching down to pick a flower with pastel pink petals that have a blue stripe down the center of each one. He doesn't take out the entire length of the stem, only a small bit and holds the flower in the palm of his black hand. Upon meeting my gaze again, the alien nods his head to confirm my thoughts.

'Does this mean I'm dreaming?' I ask myself as I look around again. I never thought I could think of something so beautiful. My attention is brought back to the extraterrestrial when my hand is gently grabbed, and the flower is placed on my palm. In a mere moment the pretty colors dull to a light grey. My brows scrunch together in confusion as I watch the color change. My gaze lifts when the tip of his claw lightly taps the center of my forehead.

"In Y/N specimen mind," he pulls his hand away to tap the side of his own head, "my mem-ree."

"Huh, so this place is from your memory, not my dream?"

He nods his head to confirm my interpretation of his words.

"Well, that explains it." I sigh softly and look around again. "It really is beautiful," I mutter under my breath. "Wait, so does that mean I can see other things that are a part of your memories?"

Once again, the alien nods his head. Another breeze comes by, blowing through the male's white locks of hair. I breathe out a laugh in astonishment as a smile comes to my lips, and I look down at the withered flower in my hand.

"That's incredible. It's like we're sharing a mind." I bring a finger to the wilted plant only for the whole thing to crumple to ash at my touch, causing my eyes to widen in surprise. The creature lightly taps the pile of dust on my hand with his index finger, tickling my palm with the tip of his pointy nail.

"Pick and this die," he explains softly. "Is from my home."

"It was really pretty." The wind blows again, this time a little harder, making the ash fly off my hand and into the crisp air. I drop my hand back at my side after it all disappears with my eyes watching the debris fade in the horizon. When the alien lightly grips my wrist and tugs it, my attention is once again brought back to him.