Lost and Found

•Y/N: Your Name
•E/C: Eye Color

———————————————
Your POV:
_____________________________

———————————————Your POV:_____________________________

_____________________________

I could feel a faint warmth on my cheeks as I awaken from my slumber with a soft groan. My eyes squint upon being assaulted by the bright light of the sun as I bring up my hands to rub the sleep out of the E/C orbs. I force myself to sit up, immediately taking notice of how hot my skin is, likely meaning that I've tanned or gotten sunburnt during my peaceful rest. It doesn't bother me either way, since I often find myself dozing off outside when I stargaze. It's pretty common of me to wake up to a nasty sunburn, but the damage doesn't appear to look too bad. Raising my arms above my head to stretch, I take a minute to look around the yard and quickly take notice that Russel is missing.

'Did he go into the house?' I wonder as I get up and call his name.

"Russel?" I get no answer as I walk up to the back door and enter the house. I don't hear anybody moving around, though. "Russel, are you in here?" Again, all I receive is silence. This makes me worry, so I take a quick look around, peeking into each room while calling for the alien to reveal himself, but I can't find him anywhere. I suddenly am overwhelmed by fear, scared that something might've happened to him or that he wandered off and got lost. I practically tore the place apart, looking through any spots he might've hidden, but there was no sign of the extraterrestrial.

'Oh, God, what do I do?' I could feel my heart tightening in my chest as I fall back onto the couch. I couldn't help but think of the worst.

'He couldn't have gotten far, right? Oh, but I don't know when he left. He could've been gone all night. Did he leave me?' The thought caused tears to prick the corners of my eyes.

'But, he promised me that he would take me with him.' I bite the inside of my cheek and shake my head.

'I shouldn't jump to conclusions. I need to calm down and think. Where could he have gone?' I start chewing on my nails and shut my eyes, wondering where I should start looking first, but what if he didn't want to be found? He's explored plenty of planets on his own. What if he thought I was being ridiculous for thinking that he can't handle himself? I find myself so lost in the sea of my anxious thoughts that I didn't notice the front door opening. I finally snap back into reality upon hearing a familiar, soft voice speak in front of me.

"Is something wrong, Y/N specimen?" My eyes shoot open, and I jump in surprise upon finding Russel leaned in close to my face. I slap a hand over my heart, feeling the savage beats as I breathe out a sigh of relief. The crouching alien tilts his head to the side before placing his palms gently on my cheeks and pulling me forward. The creature sniffs my face before licking away my tears with a pale pink tongue. It had a rough texture and was drenched with saliva, which slightly disgusted me, but I was more shocked than anything.