Chapter 35- One More Step

Midoriya's Pov

After another exhausting day I went to our room wishing that I could jump over Friday and rush into the winter break. I can't lie, I love being in school, learning to be a hero and spending my days doing different things but sometimes a person gets tired. It's good to change and try new things. That's why I'm hoping that this vacation will bring me some new opportunities.

Forgetting all that, right now I just want to get in bed and sleep in Kaachan's arms. Yesterday was a difficult day for him with that story of our parents knowing about us. I hope he's feeling better now.

I stopped in front of the door to the bedroom and remembered something. Kaachan is  the one who has the key. We ended up not meeting after class but he should be back by now. I knocked on the door but no one opened. If he's not here I have no other option than to wait. Actually, I should call him.

Before I could reach for my phone, the elevator's door opened, showing Kaminari and Kirishima.

"Hey Deku."

"Hi guys. Have you seen Kaachan?" Those two were holding hands. They look cute together.

"He went to his room around an hour ago. He was so angry that we could hear him from the end of the corridor. Something happened?"

"Oh, I don't know." Now I'm getting worried. What's happening with him? I have a weird feeling about this. "Well, he's not here now so I'll just call him."

"Are you sure? Because we've been on the common area all this time and no one came down."

"T-thanks." From their expressions I knew that they noticed I was upset. Maybe because of that they let me alone without saying anything else. If he's there then why won't he open the door?

I picked up my phone and stared at Kaachan's number. Should I call him? For some reason he's isolating himself and I know that feeling. Wanting to be alone with our thoughts. But in moments like this he always helps me. Then maybe I can also make him feel better.

I dialed his number. It didn't take more than five seconds before he hung up. What is this? What's going on? I kept knocking on the door, expecting for him to come talk with me and also hoping that I wouldn't disturb the others.

He didn't open the door and he didn't answer me but I felt a hit on the door coming from inside. He's definitely there and that was his own way of telling me to stop, to go away.

"Kaachan? What's going on?" Nothing... "I know you can hear me, please answer." Why is he doing this? Did I do something wrong? Am I the one who upset him? "Please! You're making me worried." I must sound so desperate right now. And I don't even know what's going on. I called him again but it ended exactly the same way. "Pick up...! Maybe you don't want to see me but please let me know you're alright." Not knowing is driving me insane. I sat on the floor, against the door and waited for something to happen. "I don't even know what I'm doing Kaachan... You're probably having a rough time now. If you wanna talk about it I'm here. Or if you don't wanna talk... You know you can count on me right...?"

When I was ready to give up I received a text.

Kaachan: Go away

Can't he at least give an explanation? I called him again. By now I should already know what would happen.

"Can't you pick up the God damn phone?!" I sighed. If he doesn't want to see me than I need to respect his decision. But I'm still not leaving him alone. Even if it's only like this. "I'm sorry... I'm probably making things even worse." Another text. At least he's willing to talk, kind of...

Kaachan: I really don't wanna see you. Just go to your room

Me: Why?

Kaachan: Because