Night surfing

I turned around to see the guy from earlier. Great just what I needed. I turned around. 

"May I help you jerk face?" I asked. 

"Huh Jerk face, that's a new one, but I prefer the name Ryder."  He said with a laugh. 

"Well mystery guy looks like I now know your name." I said with a smile.

 "Yes you do now whats yours?" he laughed. 

"Lexi. Lexi Ree." I told him. His eyes went wide.

 "Ree as in the Ree brothers?" he asked. 

"Yep. I'm guessing you've heard of them?" I said with a shy smile. 

"Yeah, who hasn't." he laughed, I laughed with him. I grabbed my glowsticks from my bag, putting them on my neck, head, and wrists. I gave Ryder the rest of them. 

"Put them on, they make night surfing so much more fun." I told him. He gave me an amused expression before shaking his head and putting them on. We both grabbed our boards and ran into the pitch black water. The moons reflection on the water looked so pretty. Me and Ryder raced each other, to see who could surf the best wave. He won, but only cause I'm a little rusty. We took a break and just floated on our boards, enjoying the silence.

 "So whats your story?" His question kind of caught me off guard. 

"My story?" I asked confused. 

"Yeah whats your story, your life?"Ryder asked. "umm, well I have  9 older siblings, 6 brothers, 3 sisters, I have a mom, and my dad just recently passed away. I love music and the ocean, but I'm kinda mad at myself for not coming here for a while. There was a big accident and I almost died. It was rough and the accident caused me to lose my memory of my friends which I'm still trying to remember. I just got back in the water as a surfer today." I told him. I wiped a tear away. Ryder gave me a symthetic look. I looked at him. "So I told you mine, what's yours?" He took a deep breath.  

"My parents god divorced when I was 8, my older brother was 12 while my older sister was 11. My mom Just had my little sisters at the time. Dad tried the co-parenting for the first few months, but then kinda gave up and left my mom as a single parent. My dad met a new girl, and started a new family with her. He gave up on mine and I gave up on him. My siblings still go and visit him, but he hates me, I haven't seen him in years. The last time we saw each other resulted int a huge fight. My mom became a work-aholic and my older siblings took care of me and my little sisters. When they moved out it became hard for me. My little sisters moved in with my dad and his new family, and my older sister and brother hang out with them all the time. I haven't talked to really any of them in a long time. They kind of just forgot about me I guess. So I put my heart into surfing, and I know they all think low of me for it, but It's something I enjoy." He said, with a sad smile. I reached over and gave him a hug. 

"Thanks for sharing that with me Ryder, especially since we just met." I smiled.

 "No problem, I feel like I can trust you." He looked at me with a small smile back. We stayed up surfing and talking about life. It was awesome. We swapped numbers, and agreed to surf at least twice a week together. The sun rose, and I began my walk home. On the way I couldn't help but think, how lucky I am, that I decided to clear my head that day. I would have never met Ryder. When I reached the garage I noticed familar cars in the driveway. 

"Oh my god please no." I mumbled to myself. I went through the garage, putting my board back. I quietly shut the garage door, and started tip toeing my way to the stairs, I almost made it when I heard Mason's voice. "Where do you think your going?" Crap I thought to myself. I turned around and saw all my siblings, and an amused mom by the door.