This is how it was supposed to be

~Lexi's POV unconscious ~

       My mind seemed to take me to it's to it's calm happy place. I was back on shore with my board next to me. It was morning and the sky was so clear with perfect sized waves, not huge night ones. No one was on the beach but when I turned to the right I heard laughing and talking. I picked up my board and started walking towards the voices. Once I got close I saw that it was my family. Everyone even dad? Looking closely everyone was old. Everyone had kids, except for Landon and Jonah, but they had wives and Landon's looked like she was expecting. Once I reached them I was swarmed with little kids hugging my legs.                         "AUNTIE LEXI!" they screamed. Dad looked up with his grey hair, holding moms hand and came up to me and patted my shoulder. "Hey there Lexi-Bear, how were the waves today? You know we're all to old to join you now."  I didn't know what to say. I just dropped my board and hugged him. "Yeah dad the waves were great." I cried on his shoulder. Mason came and gave me a hug. "Hey baby sis you made it!" Jonah then ran up and hugged me from behind. "Of course she wouldn't miss Saturday Family dinner." I just smiled and hugged them. They all looked so old and happy and dad was here. Something hit me though. This is how it was supposed to be. Everyone was starting to fade, as the words This is how it was supposed to be chanted through my mind. 

        I woke up with my body on a bunch of rocks. My board was next to be all scratched up and ripped in half, only one half of in laid next to me. I looked around me, the sky was a orange kind of yellow color. It was probably around 4 or 5 in the morning. Trying to sit up, I realized their was a giant gash on my leg and many cuts around my arm. I could feel blood dripping from my face, a gash on my left temple. With much pain I sat up, and got an actual view of where I was. I was in a rock bay, and the shore looked like a tiny grain of rice. There was no way I could make it there, or even half way. The fact that I was alone, Injured, and in the middle of the ocean finally dawned on me. My entire body started to shake, and my vision became blurry. My ears started to ring and I could only feel my fast breaths. Tears burned my face with the mix of salt water and blood. Normally I can control my anxiety attacks, but no one was here. I was all alone. My entire body went numb, and my head became dizzy. Darkness started to cloud my mind and my body fell backwards leaving me unconscious again. 

       This time my mind took me to a different setting. I was still on the beach, but I was awoken by the little kids again, as I was laying in a hammock. "Auntie Lexi wake up, wake up!" "Grandpa and Grandma made breakfast." "Uncle Jojo is she dead?"  I then heard Jonah's voice. "No sweetheart Lexi is the strongest one in the family she could never die." With that all the kids started to giggle. I got out of the Hammock and gave them a confused face. Landon came running in the room, once he saw me he laughed. "See little Lex this is what happens when you're 25 and your siblings have kids." I just laughed. So I'm 25 in this? "Come on dad made breakfast." Jonah said leading me to where the so called food was. Once I stepped in the kitchen, I looked around and it was filled with Generations of Ree's. I took a seat next to bree who was feeding a baby, and Amanda who was scolding a 10 year old boy. Looking around the table all my siblings had their own little families. Everyone started clapping and I looked up to see dad and mom with trays of breakfast food. My dad made eye contact with me and smiled. "Morning Lexi-Bear." I smiled again and blew him a kiss. Once everyone was seated I dug in, eating like I haven't ate in hours. As I was eating I felt someone hug me from behind and gave my left temple a kiss. "Ayeee Jack you made it!" Josh cheered. I was shocked. JACK? " Of course I wouldn't miss it." he then made eye contact with me. and it felt like I was just lost in his eyes. "Hey baby how'd ya sleep?" he asked giving me a kiss. I just looked at him, scared that if I looked away he would vanish. "She's super tired since the little ones woke her from her hibernation." Landon joked making everyone laugh. I smiled at everyone laughing and Jacks hand intertwined with mine. A warm feeling was felt through my chest. My smile faded when one by one everyone started to vanish, gone in seconds. The warm feeling went away and I was awoken with a deep feeling of coldness. 

I rolled over on my side, realizing that I was back on the rocks again. I took a shallow breath and sat up.              " I need to get out of here." I cried. I jumped up from my rock area, stumbling a bit. I looked at my half of board. There is no way I could make it back with that. I guess it's worth a shot anyway. I got my board and slowly got into the water. And then I started my long journey of paddling. My mind started to go in and out of conscious, that just made me paddle harder. Waves pushed me forward but also pulled me back, I refused to go down with out a fight. With all the power I had, I started to see the shore and was a decent amount close to it. My Mind started to drift and I could here my family calling me telling me to close my eyes and stay forever. My eyes started to shut, but I was quickly awoken. "No. I am Lexi. The strongest one in the Ree family. Who doesn't die or at least not yet." I screamed, my face full of blood, salt water, and tears. With all my strength I paddled to shore collapsing on the sand. I did it. Holy shit I actually did it. I began to cry tears of happiness. I turned my body so that I was on my back. I laid their with a smile on my face or around 15 minuets. I turned my head and realized no one was on the beach and I didn't have my phone. When I laid my head back down I felt dizzy again and then my vision went black for the third time. 

I wasn't on the beach I was at what looked like my house, I saw myself running around with what looks like Alyssa and sammie, and Jack from my previous dream. But there were more people. I walked around the pool, I started to get a flash of memories. Sean, Carson, Andrew, Priscilla, Jack and CJ. CJ what a disgusting person. He's not my boyfriend. And Jack. Oh my god Jack. This all makes since now. My memory quickly faded and I was back on the sand.

With all my might I got up and began to walk to the nearest human. 30 minuets later of almost passing out and many many rest stops, I made it to a surf shop. Once I reached the surface desk the Worker guy looked up at me in horror.    " Can I please use your phone?" I asked struggling to hold myself up. He quickly nodded and handed me it. I dialed the first number that came to mind.  After 3 rings the call connected.                    "Hello?" said the rough voice.       "Mason it's me." I cried out. A gasp was heard on the other end, and a sigh of relief.         "Oh my god Lex."