And it was who she was portraying that had him wondering once again as to who she was, or even if she was that missing Disciple.  Had the crystal forced the memories of that time into Su Sus mind while in Dream state?  If so, why?  This was his first immediate question once he had her back on the bed and resting peacefully once again, but his hand was resting on her belly while a thin stream of energy caressed his child into a state of calm.

He also wondered if the world he had brought her to, was also somehow contributing to this sudden change in her dream state, awareness and even her demeanor which was also changing.  It was slight, but it was there.  Though she was not showing any kind of aggression or forceful nature, there had been a definite shift in how she spoke to him.  It was difficult for him to pinpoint exactly what had changed but he now had a strong feeling that the world they were in was somehow responsible.

But regardless of these changes and even what had just transpired, there had been an undeniable flicker of energy that erupted from her hand.  There was no power in it, but to his keen observation, it was definitely Immortal essence .  But there was nothing Immortal coming from her now other than the essence of their child, so where did that come from?  he asked himself.

Pursing his lips tightly, his hand raised to her face to stroke her cheek lightly.  

"Su Su.  Wake up." he called out gently.  It took a few more calls before her eyes finally flickered and awareness began to seep into her tired mind.  

Waking from what she felt had been a very active dream, she was surprised to find her face wet with tears and Yer Hua looking down at her with an expression she had never seen on his face before.  He looked tired, but he also looked afraid and there was something else, but not understanding what it was, she forced herself to sit up.  Her belly was now quite big and moving about was difficult even sitting but the look on his face had her ignoring her own discomfort to reach out and touch him.

"Ye Hua?" she whispered in her same soft melodious voice, the one he loved to hear and looking so sweet that for a moment his mind stumbled as her hand rose to softly stroke his face, something she always did even when he slept he would feel her stroking him.

Just the sight of her soft smile had his arms reaching out to pull her up onto his lap then enveloping her into a tight embrace, he decided if he as to get any answer from her, then he was going to have to question her outright and this time, he intended to get some answers.

"Su Su.  Do you have any memory what just took place and why I woke you?" he asked tentatively.  Her hormones were not stable due to pregnancy, and not wanting her to close down on him, but needed to talk, he kept his voice calm and his embrace gentle.

With her face pressed up against hi chest, she could feel the pounding of his heart, and despite the soft voice and tender hold, she knew he was unsettled, his heartbeat was unsettled.  But realizing something must have happened, she quickly delved into her mind to find some understanding or even a memory that he wanted her to remember.

Shaking her head, she could think of nothing.  She had rested well, and though she still felt a little tired, she didn't feel as if she had done anything to warrant the rapid beating of his heart.

"No.  Did something happen Ye Hua?" she asked forcing her head back to look at him, but the thinning of his lips soon had her wishing she hadn't.

"You were dream talking Su Su.  It is not the first time, only this time, you mentioned things that I do not understand how you could know about them." he said softly even though his eyes were darkening by the second.

Becoming a little frightened by the change in his demeanor, Su Su tried to shift out of his arms, only to be held tightly.  

"I don't remember any dreams ......" her voice trailed off, before suddenly tensing in his arms.  Had she mentioned that Shifu again? she wondered.  She'd had a few dreams about a Shifu and he scared her, not because he did anything to hurt her, in fact he was very kindly and spoke softly.  His eyes were almost sad looking but he was gentle with her and also very knowledgeable.  She sometimes recalled their conversations and lessons she learned from him, but he frightened her because he looked like Ye Hua.  Only she hadn't mentioned it because she was too afraid the man in her dreams was him and having seen him die over and over again, she thought it might be an ominous warning.