What about children?

Percy and Annabeth were lying in each other's arms. It must have been around 2am but neither of them could fall asleep. Outside was hot and humid and their room was like an oven. Nevertheless, it was nice being alone together without phones ringing.
"Do you want children?" Percy asked her out of the blue. Having children was a matter that they never discussed. It wasn't like they've been avoiding it. It just never came up.
"You mean now? Or in the future?" She asked.
Annabeth didn't know how she felt about the whole having children situation. She didn't hate children, but she never saw herself as a mother. Maybe the fact that she grew up without hers might have played its part. Or that she never pictured children in her ideal life. Usually it was just she, Percy, a lot of travelling and architecture.
"I don't know. I guess whatever you want. You are going to sacrifice a lot more than me. It's more your decision than mine." Percy said. Annabeth was grateful that Percy was calm about the subject. He from the other hand wanted children and to have a very loud family with Annabeth.
Annabeth suddenly became a lot more serious. "I haven't thought much about having children. My career is going great." She chuckled. "And I am not the timing is right for me at the moment." She knew how Percy visualized their life. How their ideal lives were a bit different. She didn't just shut the whole children idea for him.
"So, you don't want for the time being." Percy asked her.
Annabeth sat cross legged on the bed. "I'd prefer to wait two or three years before having children. We are still young, and we have our whole life ahead of us. There is no point to rush." She replied. "It's a huge responsibility bring another human being to this planet. I had an awful childhood. I wouldn't wish that way of growing up to anyone. I also have my PhD going on. I am finishing next year so maybe in a couple years I will be ready."
"I completely understand, and I agree." Annabeth felt a weight lifted from her shoulders. "You are the responsible one here. I just know that all I have to do is trust you." Percy smiled. "I also know that settling down and having children isn't your ideal life. And I am cool with it. I have always known it. But you are the boss, I can't just force you to drop everything you have going on and have kids."
"We are going to have children. But I need time to wrap my thoughts around it. We are going to be awesome parents. But the timing needs to be good. It might not be my ideal, but we are a team. And I'll love them." Annabeth smiled.
"Our kids will be so lucky to have you as their mother."