We are a family now

Percy had fought monsters, titans, and giants. But none of them was as scary as being a parent. Although he loved his tiny human beings he had no idea what he was doing about 90% of the time.
The biggest irony of all is that their never-on-the-same-schedule babies are identical twins. Whenever Zoe was asleep Charlie was awake which meant that Percy and Annabeth weren't getting any sleep at all. Sally was with them for the first couple weeks, but they told her to go home as Paul and Estelle needed her as much as they did.
The first few days alone was a living hell as they didn't know where to start and where to finish. A lot of tears were involved that didn't come from their newborns. Annabeth was trying her best, but it wasn't enough. There was always a baby that needed to be fed, changed, soothed, and put to sleep. Percy was doing everything with her but two babies at once seemed impossible to both of them.
Whenever both Charlie and Zoe were on the same schedule, it was like heaven. They could do normal stuff like sleep, eat, or have a conversation without the constant cry that is hardwired to both Annabeth's and Percy's brains.
Percy had to go to the grocery store as they were low on everything. 30 minutes later Percy returned at home. It was way too quiet which was weird. He walked in his and Annabeth's bedroom. Annabeth was on the bed with Zoe drinking from a bottle in her arms. "Hey, you're back."
"How was everything?"
"Quiet. Zoe woke up 5 minutes ago, so I'm giving her a bottle. Charlie is still asleep." Charlie started crying from the nursery.
"I'll get him." Percy took Charlie out of his crib. He went to the kitchen and prepared his bottle. Then he went back to their bedroom.
"There's my other baby. Can you take Zoe back to her crib? She is fed and she is about to fall asleep."
"What if she stays here with me?" Percy smirked and took Zoe in his arms.
"I don't care. I just want her to sleep." Annabeth said putting the bottle in Charlie's mouth.
"Don't worry. Zoe is going to sleep right here with daddy." Zoe moved a bit until she rested on Percy. "See. She is sleeping." He whispered to Annabeth.
"I'm glad about it. Look at those eyes." She was looking at her son's grey-green eyes. "I'm happy we had Charlie and Zoe." She admitted.
"Me too. I would kiss you right now, but I don't think Zoe would appreciate it right now." Percy smiled. "They are going to be so smart. Like do you see how they observe everything and everyone." He was already too proud for his newborns.
"Yes of course they are going to be smart. And beautiful. And Confident." Annabeth said proudly. "Wouldn't it be nice if they stayed this quiet for a while. They look pretty peaceful, don't they?"
"They are the best. I can't wait to watch them grow up."
"They're going to take on the world."