I can do it on my own

-1 year later-
Lana Jackson definitely wasn't the kid who would ask for help. She wanted to learn to do everything by herself. Whenever Annabeth, Percy or even her siblings tried to help her she pushed them away saying 'I want to do it on my own.'
One of the Perks of living in a family-friendly neighbourhood was that the streets were safe. Zoe, Charlie, and Theo could ride their bikes in front of the house with Annabeth being able to look at them from her office or the front porch.
Lana was always too young to ride her bike with them. She had to watch them cycle all together while she was left alone at home. One morning while she was watching her cartoons, she overheard Zoe and Charlie who were planning to ride their bikes. She was determined to ride with them.
Her first station was Annabeth's office where she was working on her computer. "Mummy, I want to go with Zoe, Charlie and Theo." She announced.
"Sweetie, you might not be able to keep up with them. I know how badly you want to go, but you have to wait for a year or so." Annabeth told her youngest.
"A year? That's too long! What if I can keep up with them?"
"It's not up to me Lana. You have to ask them if you can go with them."
Lana thought about which one of her siblings to approach first. Theo wasn't the one who would have a problem with her tagging along. She knew exactly to which one she should go to. She stomped the stairs and went to Zoe's room. "Hi, Zoe." Lana was young but she knew that Zoe had the veto among the siblings.
"Hi, Lana."
"Can I come with you?" She asked in a sweet tone.
"We won't have training wheels and you can't keep up with us. We are really good at riding bikes." Zoe said and put on her helmet.
Lana was mad. Nobody could tell her that she couldn't do something. "I can ride my bike without training wheels. I am not a baby!" Truth be told, she couldn't ride without her training wheels.
"Is that so?" Zoe asked with her arms crossed. "Maybe next time you can come with us. I want to see you ride without training wheels."
"You will!" Lana announced and locked herself to her room. She had to come up with the perfect plan on how she would ride her bike without training wheels.
Charlie, Zoe, and Theo were riding their bikes around the neighbourhood laughing. Lana took her bike out of her side and went to Annabeth. "Can you take off my training wheels?"
"Are you sure? Don't you want to keep them for a little while longer?" Annabeth asked her.
"No, I want to ride without them." Annabeth was still cautious but removed the wheels.
Lana took her bike to the sidewalk. She got on it and tried to pedal without her wheels. As soon as she took her feet out of the ground she fell immediately. She knew she had to get up and try again. She fell again. And again. And again. And again. She was falling and getting up for over two hours. Annabeth asked her if she needed any help, but she declined any help even from her mum. At least she started going further and further without falling.
Annabeth watched her daughter fall and get up every single time. Not whining, not crying, not giving up. Just trying until she made it. "She takes that from you." Percy noted as they were watching her get up once again.
"You think so?"
"All four of them got it. Wanting to be the best on their own." 
"She did it." Annabeth said. Percy didn't understand what she meant at first, but soon he realised that Lana was riding her bike on her own.
Zoe stopped riding as soon as she saw Lana catching up with them. "You are riding without training wheels!" She said amazed.
"I told you I could ride without them." Lana announced proudly.
"That's amazing. I stopped using them when I was 6! You are 4!" Zoe was proud of her little sister. Charlie and Theo who now arrived in front of the house saw Lana on her bike. Zoe turned to them. "Lana is going to ride with us next time."