Fate has its Ways.

[Guten Abend, Tag, Mittag, whatever it is where you are, I promise  I won't be long~ Anyway, thank you to those who have liked an commented so far, I appreciated. I was debating even continuing this story  (again) mostly because I wasn't sure how I would move forward, but I have figured it out~! Special thanks to @hoganXD for making me want to continue the story~ Alright I'm done mskay thanx bai XD

~Danni~]

Eren impatiently tapped on the desk, holding the phone to his ear. 

Come on....Come on....Come on dad, answ--

"Hello?" a female voice answered the phone.

"H-Hello?" Eren said, uncertain of who this was.

"Eren? It's me, Mina."

"Mina?" Eren said, blinking in confusion. "What are you-- oh, shit. Did I call dad's office?"

"Ha....yeah. It's his office. But he's not here."

"What?"

"He didn't tell you? He went on some doctor's trip for the year, I figured you would know that."

"Uh, no," Eren said, starting to get upset. "I'm supposed to be coming back from my senior trip today and he's not even home?"

"Oh! I'm so sorry Eren...." Mina said, clearly feeling bad for him. "I wish I could help you out....."

"Yeah, but don't worry about it....." He sighed. Shit. He was really screwed. Mikasa didn't have a car, and he didn't know the number for his school. And he had no idea how to get home from Vegas. He sighed, swearing under his breath. "Thanks, Mina."

"No problem, Eren. Is everything okay?"

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine. I'll talk to you later." 

"Okay, good bye."

Eren hung up, groaning. How the hell was he going to get back home in time? He glanced at his clock, knowing full well that the bus for his school had left already. He was scared shitless when Hanji came in.

"Hey buddy, you okay? Figured out what you're going to do?" She asked cheerfully.

"N...No," He sighed, seeing no point in lying to her. "My school bus has probably already left, and my dad isn't even home to come get me."

"Oh no," Hanji said, frowning. "Where is he?"

"On some stupid doctor summit thing, I don't know." Eren groaned. 

"When's he coming back?"

"A year, supposedly."

"What?!" Hanji exclaimed. "He was going to leave you alone for a whole year?"

Eren shrugged, thinking of all the other times his father left him and Mikasa alone for weeks, even months at a time. "It's not all that abnormal. For him, anyway....."

"Oh dear," She said, frowning again in thought. "So....what are you going to do? Do you have family anywhere?"

"A sister. But she's in boarding school, and they are on some week long retreat," He said, feeling incredibly fucked.

"Ohhh....well shit," Hanji laughed. "I'm sorry, that's nothing to laugh about. Hey, what hotel was your high school staying in? They may have waited a bit, just to look for you."

Eren scoffed, shaking his head. "I doubt it. Knowing that dick Jean, he probably did something to make them think I was there. I don't know, but I don't think they'd wait for me."

"But wouldn't that mean a lawsuit on their hands?"

"From who?" Eren sneered. "My dad isn't even here." He said, sighing. "Besides, I''m eighteen. I'm technically able to do my own thing."

Hanji bit her lip, playing with her hair. "Well....I'm sorry...about this whole thing. Seems very messed up....oh! Have you eaten or anything? You're obviously going to be here a while, so uh, you might as well get comfortable."

Eren looked at her with a slightly bewildered look. "Uh, sure? You're being really...uh....I don't know...nice?"

Hanji laughed, leaning against the desk. "Trust me, I've had my fair share of rough days. I kind of know how you feel. Besides....and this may be too soon, but I kind of need another employee. I kind of see this as fate? I guess." 

"So....you want me to work for you?"

"Why not? I'm not asking you to strip or dance or anything," Hanji grinned. "I just need a server, you know, bar-tending and stuff."

Eren bit his lip, thinking about her words. Maybe it was better this way. He wouldn't have to deal with Jean or any of those other jerks anymore, his dad wasn't even home anymore.....Mikasa wouldn't miss him either, and Armin--why the hell was he giving this so much thought? The answer was obvious. He was meant to be here.

"Hanji, you have yourself a new server."