Chapter Thirty-Eight

Liana's POV

I faintly heard Noah say goodbye to everyone as he picked me up bridal style and carried my up the stairs. My head leaned against his chest and I fell asleep. When I woke up, I was now wearing one of Noah's shirts and my undergarments. I sat up straight and thought about last night. I don't remember doing anything with Noah. just then he entered my room holding a cup of tea.

"Hey your awake." I nodded as he set the cup on my nightstand.

"Why am I wearing your shirt. Wait did we...?" He shook his head.

"No we didn't have sex. You just looked uncomfortable in your jeans so I just took them off along with you sweater and threw on my shirt to cover umm." A blush crept up his neck and cheeks as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Oh, thank you." I felt my wolfs disappointment. I pulled off the covers and flipped them off the bed so I was now fully sitting up. I stretched and felt as Noah's shirt uncovered my legs. I looked at Noah to see him staring at my bare legs. He cleared his throat at looked at me before blushing harder. His eyes were full of desire and lust.

"Umm, i'm just gonna go." He rushed out of the room closing the door behind him. I frowned as I felt him get farther and farther away. The mate bond was now stronger since we admitted we were mates and made a lot of skin contact. I stood up taking a sip of my tea before hopping in the shower.

When I finished my shower my tea was still warm so I finished it before heading downstairs for breakfast. I ate with the pack before heading to training. It was my day to supervise the training arena like I did everyday. The number of Rogues were increasing every week and we had to be prepared. Noah was my chief warrior and he was currently leading the other warriors in training. He spotted me standing to the side and jogged over to me with an awkward smile.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Hey. How is training going. Everyone seems to be doing great." He nodded.

"Yeah everything is going smoothly. Were right on track. A few of the younger kids are still struggling but everyone else is doing great." We both smiled. There was a group of younger kids about thirteen and older that learn just a few basic training skills. Its for their own safety and for others. They obviously wouldn't participate if there was a rogue attack but it's just so they could start early if they wanted to be a warrior.

An awkward silence filled the air around us as neither of us knew what to say. I cleared my throat before speaking.

"Well I have work to catch up on but I will see you later. Good luck with the rest of training." He nodded and I left the building. I headed back to my office and sat down to get to work. The next few hours I struggled to focus on my pack but my attention kept on drifting off towards Noah. I decided to talk to him so I can get back to work. I mindlinked him quickly trying to keep my tone calm to not give him the wrong idea.

'Noah, can you come meet me in my room please. Nothing urgent just come when you can.' He didn't respond but I could tell he heard me. Less than five minutes later he knocked on my bedroom door. I rushed over to it and opened it up. He looked out of breath like he had ran here. Before I could say anything he grabbed my face with both hands and kissed me. It was deep and rough. When he pulled away he smiled.

"Sorry I just really wanted to do that all day." I smiled back at him and let him fully in closing the door behind him.

"I'm glad you did. That's actually what I wanted to talk to you about. My wolf has been on edge since this whole secret thing. Especially since i've been trying to hide these feelings for over two years. I just, I think maybe we should tell people. I want to be open about who my mate is. I want to be with you for real." I had been staring at the ground while I this too afraid of what his reaction would be. He walked up to me and placed his fingers on my chin making me look up at him. I swallowed as he stood there, no expression evident on his face. I searched his eyes for anything but found nothing. I started getting worried as he stood there. He brushed the hair off my shoulder and pulled my shirt down exposing my whole shoulder including my mark. I tried to cover it up with makeup but failed. He traced his fingers against it causing my to suck in a breath as is burned at his touch.