Chapter Twenty-One

Liana's POV

I jerked awake to the sight of my mother on the floor in the house. The memories flood back to me giving me a headache. The room completely black scares me not knowing what's lurking in the shadows. I rush to turn the lights back on again. I look around the room and sighed with relief knowing that no one else is in the room with me.

Behind me was the door out to the hallway. At the other end of the room was a glass door that led to a patio. There were windows bordering the whole door along with windows at the top of the wall letting moonlight shine through. To the right of my was a nightstand pressed up against the wall,then it was the bed jutting out into the middle of the room.

Across from the bed was a big vanity with a huge mirror. On the opposite side of the room on each side was a door. I guessed on led to a closet and the other to a bathroom. I walked straight ahead into the middle of the room. I looked to one side and saw myself in the mirror. My clothes were covered in blood.

I walked over to the door on my left and found a huge closet that could fit a bed. It extended forward what I estimated to be fifteen feet. At the end of the closet were ebony shelves that covered the whole wall. The two sides of the closet had racks with rungs - to hang clothing on - higher than my head. I reached my hand upward and felt the cold metal rungs as a layer of dust fell upon me. I noticed the goosebumps rise on my arms and walked out of the closet closing the door behind me.

I headed over to the other door and found a bathroom. To my left was a counter that spread to the other side of the bathroom that was connected to another door. Above the counter was a mirror that covered the rest of wall. There were two sinks built into the counter. On the other side was a shower with stone walls on two of the sides. The other two sides were glass including a glass door to enter it.

I decided it would be best to shower. I exited the bathroom to get my bag. I reached for my last pair of clean clothes and stripped out of my other ones. My wound had almost healed and was now a huge scab. It surprised me how fast it healed since it was a gunshot wound not a cut or bite from another wolf. I carried my clean clothes into the bathroom and left the on the counter next to one of the sinks.

There was body wash, shampoo, and conditioner already in the shower. In both corners of the shower were stone shelves jutting out of the wall. I scrubbed the blood stained skin around my wound as lightly as possible to not cut it again. I could already notice the scab starting to slightly fade away meaning it was almost healed.

I got out of the shower and changed I to my clothes. I had just started brushing my hair when the other door's - that I hadn't checked yet - knob had started to turn. I gasped as the door burst open and Remi stepped inside.