Chapter Fifteen

Liana's POV

"Guess you don't have to." I turned around to see Nick with his mouth open. He looked very uncomfortable. I made a little gasping noise and backed behind Remi. He closed his mouth then opened it again. I could tell he was trying to find something to say.

"Hi uncle Nick." Remi waved and I looked around trying to find someway out of this conversation.

"Hi Remi, you don't mind introducing me to your friend do you." He glanced my way and I noticed his eyes. A dark brown like mine.

"Well this is my friend Liana but maybe you should talk to my dad about this. Here he comes right now. Dad tell him." Hayden walked up to Nick with Natalie following.

"Why me I'm not his daughter?" Natalie hit him on the arm.

"Nick you remember Grace Wilson right?" he nodded.

"Everyday." Natalie grabbed my arm and dragged me out from behind Remi.

"Well this is Grace's daughter, Liana." I awkwardly waved and shot Remi a look that said 'told you this is awkward.' Everyone was looking at me. "What am I supposed to be the first one to speak?" Hayden laughed and Nick was just studying me with a smile.

"How old are you Liana?" I suddenly forgot how old I was.

"Ummm....I'm uh......" I gave a nervous laugh and scratched my neck.

"She is almost sixteen." I let out a breath of relief.

"Yup almost sixteen I totally knew that." Remi whispered in my ear "you're welcome cousin." I whispered back to her

"Thanks." Nick whispered something to Hayden.

"Why don't you girls go inside and grab something to eat." Remi nodded and I followed. We walked inside and it was huge. There was a nice big spacious living room and a kitchen behind it. In the kitchen there was a big sliding glass door that led out onto a porch with a pool. I don't know why one person would need such a big house but I didn't bother.

To the left of the kitchen was a dining room. Which was bigger than my room. Remi walked in casually and knew where everything was. I figured that she would act like this since it was her uncle's house. Which was also my dad I guess. The door was still open and Hayden, Natalie, & Nick were talking on the front porch so I could hear Nick say

"She can't be my daughter Grace would have told me. Where is Grace anyways if her daughter is here why isn't she?" I guess he hadn't heard that my mother passed. I mustered up all the confidence I could and walked up to them leaving Remi in the kitchen.

"She was attacked.......and sh...she's gone." I could barely get the words out. I looked at the floor not wanting to see Remi, and her parents giving me sympathetic looks.

"Oh." that's all he said 'oh'. Who just says 'oh' like they don't really care but they need to say something. My hands balled into fists so no one would see the sharp claws growing from my nails.

"Excuse me." I walked past them all and into the forest where I found a tree to sit by. Right now wasn't a good time to shift or cry so I sat there eyes closed and focused on just breathing. The forest was my happy place being half animal and all. After a while I heard footsteps and someone sit next to me. I breathed in Nick's scent and just focused on it.