Chapter Nineteen

Noah's POV

The last thing I remember was seeing her worried face look back at me. Now I wake up in a room just like the one my parents had shown me but this one didn't have any furniture just what looked like a big cell. There were some other people in here with me but it was too dark to make out any features. It smelled like death probably from a couple of the bodies that aren't moving.

Two of the forms were moving or at least breathing and I sighed with relief. At least I wasn't the only one alive in here. I heard the other two forms whispering and tried to hear what they were saying. They were on the other side of the room which was pretty big. I tried to get closer to see what they were saying but was restrained by chains on my wrists and ankles all connected to the stone wall behind me. I looked around and noticed everyone else was chained too. A big light flickered on and I was able to see everything.

The motionless bodies were familiar and I realized they were the other people on the bulletin board. Across the room the two people still alive were staring right at me. They weren't on the bulletin board but they both looked a lot like me. The woman started crying softly and the guy comforted her. I felt uncomfortable seeing these people. They started whispering to each other and I picked up a few words.

"Our son......he's alive..........he probably doesn't remember us...........I thought we lost him.........its been so long." I stared at them focusing on their words. When they looked back at me I spoke.

"Who are you?" To left of me the door slammed open making all three of us jump. My parents walked in along with my brothers. Both of my brothers were holding guns that don't look real. They were glowing a purplish color that made me feel sick. I saw the woman groan in pain like it hurt her.

"What are you doing to her?" I looked from the woman to my family. Never knowing that they would hurt others. Sam aimed the gun near the wall by the woman and shot it. A ball of purple goo came out and hit the wall enough to create a dent as big as a basketball. The goo remained in the wall.

The woman turned so pale her skin had a purplish bluish color to it. Her eyes started rolling to the back of her head and she passed out the man catching her before she hit the ground.

"Chrissy, honey please wake up." Something clicked in my brain at the name Chrissy. Memories flashed in my mind causing me to go dizzy. One at a time I remembered simple memories of her smiling while holding a red headed girl like her. She was obviously pregnant wearing maternity black leggings and a red shirt. She was smiling at me and who assumed was my dad holding me. the only problem was these people weren't the parents I grew up with, but the two people chained to the wall across the room.

"What's going on?" I looked from my parents to my parents not understanding.

"Oh Noah, poor innocent Noah. So lost in life. Well we're gonna kill all of you anyways so might as well tell you the truth. We're not actually your parents those people are." The woman I grew up with thinking was my mother came up to me and pointed to my actual parents.

My dad was cradling my mother's head in his lap brushing her hair out of her face. He looked up tears streaming down his face and I saw my reflection in him. He had blonde hair and blue eyes. Both of my parents had blue eyes.

"Your not my parents?" I looked back at the people I've grown up with. It makes sense, I was always the outside in the family. Didn't look like any of them, wasn't treated the same as my brothers, learned about the 'family secret' later than my brothers did. I had been living a lie and with that I was fueled with anger.

I lunged at my fake mom. Ripping my chains out of the wall. She shrieked as I tackled her to the ground. I wrapped my hands around her neck and held them there while she gasped for breath. Soon enough I was being pulled off. I hear the gun go off and feel a searing pain in my right leg.