Chapter Thirty-Three

Liana's POV

    "I doesn't matter if it's real or not. You still shouldn't be making out with other people especially that piece of shit." He pointed behind me to Noah who had a scowl on his face. A growl escaped my throat and I struggled to keep my wolf in check. She didn't like it when our mate was insulted.

    "Noah is not a piece of shit, he is a better person than you'll ever be. And you can't decide who I kiss or don't, only I can." I turned around walked up to Noah. I wrapped my arms around his neck and smashed our lips together. His hands found me hips and held me close to him. It only lasted a few seconds until I was ripped away from him and slammed into a wall. I heard a loud crack and couldn't move as my body slumped to the ground.

Jason tackled Andrew to the ground, as Remi and Noah ran over to my. I fought to keep my eyes opened but my mind drifted off and I was left with blackness. I felt Noah's strong arms pick me up and soon enough I was unconscious. I woke up in a hospital with monitors beeping and IV's dripping medication into my veins. My eyelids felt heavy as I took in the people around me.

My dad was sitting at my bedside, Remi beside him. Noah was in the far corner looking torn up. Remi and my dad hadn't noticed me but Noah was staring at me. He pushed himself off the wall and ran to my bed. Everything happened so fast. His hand supported my head as he bent down and kissed me. It was just as passionate as the kiss earlier but this time no one was stopping us. I heard Remi gasp and a chair scoot across the floor. Noah pulled away and smiled at me. I smiled back.

    "Hi" I croaked out. My voice was hoarse and I needed water.

    "Hi." My hands hand appeared on his shoulder and Noah stepped back releasing my head onto the pillow.

    "I think we need to have a chat outside." My dad's voice was stern as his grip tightened on Noah's shoulder. I cringed knowing this wasn't going to end well. Noah looked calm as he smiled.

    "Of course, Sir." Noah walked over to the door. He looked back at me and smiled before my dad shoved him along. I bit my lip fighting back a smile.

"What was that." I looked at Remi her mouth gaping open. I blushed and shrugged a smile creeping onto my face. After a while my dad comes back. I frowned when I didn't see Noah behind him.

"Where's Noah?" He shrugged.

"Oh I don't know he probably left." My frown deepened and my wolf whimpered in disappointment. The door opened and I perked up hoping it was Noah but frowned when the doctor walked in.

"Luna, how are you feeling?" I rolled my eyes at the title.

    "Please, call me Laina. And I'm feeling fine." I forced a smile.

    "Good, you have however broken your back. But don't worry your werewolf healing is kicking in and while for most werewolves it would take about four days to heal yours will only take two. Which I am curious about. Your blood results show that you are also part Angel and I wanted to verify that with you." He looked at me questioningly.

    "Oh right yes I am a hybrid sorry for the misconvenience." I smiled at him sheepishly. I totally forgot about that. I had been so focused on the pack that whenever I had free time I would spend it with my friends. I had never had time to work on my Angel side. Apparently it is a lot of work to learn.

    The next two days are spent in the hospital. We had now actually gotten a building thanks to Noah's help. We had spent weeks working on that project and I couldn't have done it without him. I smiled at the memory of us slaving away in my office. Noah hadn't come to visit me once since he talked to my dad. My wolf had been getting sad and depressed.

"It's okay he'll come around." I wasn't actually sure if he would but I needed to get me and my wolf out of this slump.