Chapter Thirty

Liana's POV

The past three weeks I had been avoiding Noah. It had been hard especially since my wolf and I were getting closer. My feelings for him were growing stronger every day. I was supervising the finishing touches when Noah walked in. I avoided his gaze and felt my heart speed up I felt him come closer. My wolf whimpered in happiness as I internally groaned at having to face him. He stopped right behind me. I could feel the heat radiating off of him. I forced a smile and turned around.

    "Noah, how may I help you?" I was pretty tall for my age but still had to crane my neck to see him.

    "Can we talk, privately?" I nodded.

    "Follow me." We walked out of the dining room and into the woods. I stopped in the middle of the woods thinking it was good enough but my wolf urged me on.

    "Take mate to your spot. You can trust him." I sighed and kept going. We arrived at the lake and we stopped.

    "This isn't very private.." I dove into the water and resurfaced. His shocked face made me laugh. He sighed and chuckled.

    "Your gonna have to get into the water. Hope you don't mind getting your clothes wet." He shrugged and jumped into the water. I smiled when he came up his shirt sticking to his muscular chest. He noticed me staring and flexed making me blush.

    "It's uh, this way." I swam forward leading him into the cave. I pulled myself up and over the ledge and grabbed a towel. While I dried my hair Noah pulled himself out of the water. I grabbed a towel and tossed it to him. We sat on the ledge our feet hanging in the water.

"Wow, this place is amazing. Great room service." I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"Thanks."

"How did you find this place." I shrugged.

"I would come out to the forest when I needed a break from everything. One day I needed to go a little farther. Andrew was looking for me and I needed to go somewhere he couldn't track me. I jumped in the water and found this place. Since then it's been a regular spot. I come here to get my mind off things. Try to collect my thoughts. It helps deal with everything." I looked down at my hands in my lap. Holding back the tears that were threatening to spill over.

"What did he do?" I took a few deep breaths in trying not to cry. A lump rose up in my throat causing me to swallow.

"When I first got here my grandpa showed me around. Andrew was his beta and would step up to take his place once he died, well that was before me. Since I was his granddaughter I was the rightful alpha. He got pissed when he found out and claimed that we were mates. I pulled him to the side and told him to stop the facade. He made a lot of sexual comments but I resisted. He got angry that I wasn't following along and marked me." Noah had stiffened and sat there not moving. I glanced at him and watched as his chest didn't move for a few seconds. After a while his chest moved up and down causing me to sigh in relief. I hesitated to keep going.

"He threatened me that if I told anyone he would hurt everyone I loved. Remi, my cousin found out right afterward. Her room was right next to mine and she heard me.." I worked to find another word other than scream.

"Struggle she heard me struggle. After threatening me he started to hit me. At first it was just once. But since I kept resisting him he wasn't happy. He would go and sleep with a random girl, either in my room or in theirs. When he decided to take my room I would come sleep here. It's not very comfortable but its safe. More than I am in my own room." I blinked and a tear escaped running down my cheek reaching my chin. I saw Noah move out of the corner of my eye. His hand cupped my cheek causing me to turn to him. Many emotions flashed across his face. Anger, sadness, confusion, and something else I couldn't read. His bright blue eyes pierced mine causing me to shiver. His thumb rubbed against my cheekbone causing me to lean into his touch. He was soft and gentle as if I might break.