Chapter Five

(Liana's mom, Grace)

Liana's POV

    I woke up gasping for air it felt like I had been underwater for weeks. The room was bright and blank with just a few chairs and medical equipment. Nurses came rushing into the room and I felt my mom squeeze my hand before backing away to let the nurses take over. Behind my mom was the door and a window right next to it there was a the guy from my dream. That was the last thing I saw, his face staring right back at me until they stuck a needle in my arm filled with something that made it all go black. This time I wasn't scared of the darkness I let it overwhelm me calm and peaceful.

When I woke up again my mom was talking to him, I think his name was Noah but that brought back memories. My mom turned to look at me and noticed I was awake she came back into the room and Noah just stood outside watching me for a few minutes while we talked, before leaving. It felt like my heart was being tugged out of my chest.  "Honey you're ok, oh I thought I would never see you again. Do you remember what happened?" she gave me a big hug before sitting in a chair by my bed. I could see the circles under her eyes and how sore she was for sitting in that chair by the way she had walked into the room. I tried to remember what happened. "I had been called down to the office to show the new guy around and when I got in the office this guy was right by the principal. I had looked him straight in the eye and then... I was here."

I didn't want to tell her about my dream I didn't want to scare her. She looked worried when I hesitated but I tried to hide that I was lying to her. "Yes, good you remember ok good, Noah the new guy said the exact same thing." mom looked over he shoulder to see him still standing there his back now against the window facing away from us. I looked too and took him in, he looked just like he did from my dream but more tired and worn out I guess he has been here a while too.

Noah's POV

I stood by the window and watched as the nurses came rushing in and surrounding her I wanted to be right by her holding her close. For some reason I felt like I needed her. I've never felt this feeling before but it started right when I met her. When she walked into the office with a smile on her face it made me feel brighter and lighter the whole room actually. She looked right into my eyes her smile not fading at all until she took a deep breathe clutching her chest before she fell to the ground. At that moment it felt like my heart had stopped which is weird since they said she had a heart attack that had put her in a coma. But the whole time she was in the coma I felt like all I needed was her no food, no water, no sleep. Just her. Now that she was awake I noticed how tired, and hungry I was, but for some reason I couldn't leave to go get food and rest.

Her mom came out to talk to me and she somehow knew how I was feeling because she said "I think you should go home and get some food and rest. I know you wanna stay here and make sure she is ok but I got it, now go home before you faint. It's been about two weeks and you have been sleeping out here on the floor. I got her." I wanted to nod and head home but for some reason I said "I know you will protect her but I just I can't leave until I know what the doctors said but they won't tell me because I'm not related to her, please just tell me what the doctor said." she looked hesitant but said "The doctors said they have no clue what caused the heart attack or how she ended up in a coma, and that is has never happened before but that she should be better and home in a few days if all the test results turn out positive. No go please your family probably misses you and you need to start school soon."

When she mentioned my family I stiffened, I remembered a few days ago when my dad came in demanding me to come home. "I don't wanna go dad I wanna stay and make sure she wakes up." I had pleaded with my dad to let me stay. "Get your a** in the car or else you don't get to be in this family and work the family business." he knew how bad I wanted to know what the secret family business was and have it passed down to me and I couldn't have that if I wasn't even in the family.

I can't believe he would disown me for this. So I obeyed and got in the car. I didn't talk to him on the ride home but it was so close to my 18th birthday and getting the family business. Liana had woken up again and her mom went inside. I watched for a few moments and they looked back at me before I left. I got in the car and started heading home.

When I got home my parents were waiting for me. They looked happy and surprised that I actually came home. After fighting with my dad I started going to school and only saw her after and on the weekends I would stay late every night and get there early during the weekends. "Son we have decided it's time to show you the family business. We know its not your birthday yet but it's only a few weeks away and we need to get you started before that girl gets in the way more than she already has."

He mumbled the last part but I still heard it and it made my blood boil. I tried not to start a fight and just nodded. "Now come with us." they led me down the stairs the the basement, all the way to the end of the storage room. Then my dad pressed his hand against a wall that was separated from a crack that I always thought was just erosion or something, but it was a door.

It opened into the side wall and my parents led me into a dark big room kind of like one of those super hero labs but very dark and mysterious. There was a whiteboard with lot of peoples pictures. They all were around my age and some of them went to my school. They were all werewolves, including  Liana. I wanted to trap my family in this room and never let them out so they couldn't get to Liana.

The people on the board also had their parents pictures next to them. I stood there furious. This is why they didn't want her to get close to me because soon enough I have to kill her. "Now just hear us out.." "No. I'm not joining this murder group." "DON'T YOU DARE SAY THAT IN MY HOUSE, GOT IT."