Rehabilitation

Edited

The rest of Alyssa's journey had passed in relative silence. Although extremely aware of each other's presence, they two did not talk. Upon their arrival, Alyssa had stepped out and observed with distaste her surroundings. All she saw was fields upon rolling fields with two grand houses.

She had been welcomed by the eldest twin, Carlton who although was 2 minutes older, looked around 10 years older than his brother and had not inherited his twin's good looks.

Ethan was so glad to be home, granted his home was also a rehabilitation centre, it still felt grand to him. Before his father had passed away, the second home had been a Classics boarding school for pubescent boys. Now it was a rehabilitation centre, there was no correlation, but it still felt like home. His brother led them into the dining room where there was a spread of Scottish and English foods, some of the items were piping hot and he could only turn to give his mother a kiss for her exceptionally classy skills in the organisation. Ethan lost all control and released himself on the table, serving himself heaps of bacon, scrambled eggs, scones. Alyssa turned her nose upwards at the mixture of sweet and savoury in his plate. A maid served her tea and she sat quietly hoping she would go unnoticed. Of course, it was not to be the case she was here to rehabilitate. Clayton took it upon himself as Alyssa's doctor to place a warm scone along with clotted cream and fresh fig jam on a plate. The plate found itself in front of Alyssa's upturned nose.

"That food has done nothing to offend you, Alyssa." Carlton chuckled, setting two bowls of cream of tomato soup on the table.

"I think fatigue has trumped hunger, sir,"

"Then you should quickly eat up so that we can settle you in your room, then you can nap your pretty little head before your meeting with your assigned doctor," Ethan said between mouthfuls. It was the first time he had spoken to her in hours. Of course, it was about food.

"How could I possibly eat after seeing down your throat," Alyssa hissed. Ethan grinned opening his mouth wider for better viewing access.

"I am not hungry, " Alyssa did not care for pretence or false politeness " now will you excuse me," she stood to leave, she could easily ask another employee or servant.

"My dear, no one will help you, you are under our guardianship and as our guest and patient, our employees follow strict regulations to ensure effective treatments." Carlton pushed the plate forward. Alyssa looked around the room and saw Ethan's eyebrow raised, taunting her.

"I will eat if he leaves." she was almost certain he wouldn't leave. He was enjoying tugging on her patience but it could work in her favour because then she wouldn't have to eat.

Carlton threw a glance between the two young adults, they seemed to act like children with each other. Ethan coughed uncomfortably, he saw the pleading in his brother's eyes. He supposed he could throw away his male ego and prove the smug Alyssa wrong.

"With pleasure," he rose to refill his plate, " I will be in your office," before leaving he threw a wink in Alyssa's direction and stuck his tongue out when he was sure his brother was not looking. Alyssa picked up the knife beside her plate and gently pointed the edge in his direction as a silent threat. Ethan just laughed his way out.

Ethan chuckled as he wandered towards his brother's office, Alyssa was an explosion waiting to happen but he was sure the stay would be interesting.

The Days passed and the process of healing began. Barely. Alyssa process consisted of counting down the days. She had been given a diary with her stages. Overcoming Denial. Learning the skills. Self-appreciation. Your life.

Within the stages were her daily timetable. Today was Breakfast. Nutritionist. Group exercise. Rest. Lunch. Nutritionist. Free time. Therapy session. Dinner. Nutritionist. Meditation.