Improper requests

"You can't say that," Rosalie escaped through her clogging throat,

"I can say whatever I please," Blake pulled back to take a look at the girl he loved, she struggled with words and her eyes couldn't hide the shock, " Rosalie, you don't need to reply with anything," it was an attempt to send reassurance, he knew her well enough to know she wouldn't be capable of replying with the same words yet.

"I'm sorry" she whispered slowly, "But will you understand if I don't believe you,"

Blake chuckled deeply and nuzzled his nose into the crook of Rosalie's neck, placing feathery light kisses on the exposed skin. It was doing wonders in easing her heightened confused nerves,

"You don't need to believe my words," he breathed in between kisses of sweetness "but I would appreciate if you agree that actions speak louder than words," Blake was unsure but he felt her neck move as if to nod in agreement.

"Deep down, you do believe it," Blake smiled, he was too confident for his own good. Rosalie pulled back and stood on her feet, smoothing out her dress of pale brown, she tilted her head,

"You and your words will be the death of someone,"

Despite missing Alyssa, the house re-commenced the preparations for the ball, Honey allowed herself to be completely immersed in the organisation for she knew that sadness would consume her otherwise. Although a summer day, the sun seemed to precipitate its setting and as a normal occurrence on the isle of Great Britain, heavy rain fell across the fields of Hertfordshire.

"Let us pray, this weather does not ruin our planned ball," Honey words were filled with hope, James smiled at her,

"If it does we'll have to stay in, nice and cosy, I have no problem with that as long as your there," he whispered the last words, they were in the drawing-room and not alone. Sitting on the window seat they both looked out across the darkness, their reflections flickering from the candlelight.

Honey laughed, their reunion had shown how much they were meant for each other. There had been no awkwardness or uncomfortable silence, slowly the happiness they were bringing to each other allowed the months of separation to become memories of another life.

Their years together in youth as friends and in late adolescence as lovers, soared above the year of sadness. They fell into the easy relationship they had spent years perfecting. During the day the two would steal moments to be with each other, however, they were comfortable acting as simple comrades if there was ever a third party in the room. Friends in front of company and lovers in secret.

In the evening, their custom was Honey creeping into James room for a midnight conversation or a bedtime embrace, the two had never committed to anything further than heated kisses. They had commenced the rendezvous at a young age and it hadn't crossed their pure minds. Honey was a light sleeper and if she ever fell asleep beside him on her first awakening she would return to her room. The evening custom was the only part of the day that did not fit back easily into the reignition of their relationship. Honey did not know how to approach the tradition, each night she tossed and turned, paced her room and bit at her nails anxiously.

James was afraid to request it from her, it was true they had resumed their relationship. They spoke from everything to anything, switching from friends to lovers in a matter of seconds but over his year of separation, he had yearned for Honey's company. He had felt the emptiness beside him. The months of him sleeping alone had made him realise how much he desired her beside him. When they'd lay in bed he'd always been aware of her presence but he controlled his urges and replaced them with light kisses and jokes. The separation had matured him and he wanted Honey as more than what they were in their youth. He wanted her as a life partner.

"What are you thinking about?" Honey asked, he'd been silently watching the rain and enjoying her heat beside him.

"Sleep," he blurted out, Honey's eyes widened and she giggled, her expression quickly changing to realising what he meant.

"I didn't know how to approach that topic," she whispered, looking back to see how far her parents were from them.

"I miss you," he murmured, keeping his eyes on the rain that was picking up pace. There were grey clouds blanketing the sky, it was too dark outside for either of the lovers to notice the summer storm gathering.

"I'm right here," Honey replied softly, James took her hand aware that he couldn't hold it for too long, he turned it over palm face up and traced a heart.

"So I'm I," he answered, "I'm sorry," Honey had observed he would often apologise at the most abstract moments. It was helping her forget all the hurtful emotions she had felt as she saw that he would step over his pride to put her first.

"Shush, you don't need to apologise anymore, all is forgiven"

"Will you come to my room tonight?" James questioned,